Blue screen of Death??????? Nokia Lumia 928 wont turn on

ndm71992

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
My phone is a few months old. It has already had the problem of not turning on so I did a soft reset (Hold volume and power)
Today the phone wouldn't turn on, so being used to the problem I held the volume and power. Only this time after it vibrated it went to the "Nokia" screen for 3 sec and then a completely bright blue screen. From this screen I can hold power down and it will go black, or I can hold Volume and Power and it will repeat the process only to end on the blue screen again.
I also tried holding Volume, power and camera. Then releasing power to try a reset. Nothing works!
Please help!
Thanks!

BrandonFrisby

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Try this: with it powered off, hold volume down, then plug in your device. An exclamation mark will appear. Then, press this combination: volume up, volume down, power button, volume down.
Hope that helps.

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
This morning I experienced the exact same thing - only this happens on my Nokia 925.

I tried the mentioned key-combination and the result was as in the picture attached.

Now it constantly reboots only to display the image below.

Yesterday I installed the latest updates for my apps (including Here+ and a couple of others) and I added the Vine app as well as the new Nokia Refocus app.

I guess I'll have to take it back to the shop :devil:

WP crap.JPG

BrandonFrisby

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
If you've entered the reset to factory code (the one I mentioned above) and you get stuck, give it an hour to try and clear itself. If no go, then do a hard reset while the gears spin.
It's worked for me both times my 920 has bricked.

Edit: Wow!
That's the deep, deep, BSOD. Corrupted boot kernel.

Yeah, you'll need to flash a new copy of the OS onto it. Which, unless you're HTC, Samsung, Nokia, or Huawei, you likely don't have. :(

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Edit: Wow!
That's the deep, deep, BSOD. Corrupted boot kernel.

Yeah, you'll need to flash a new copy of the OS onto it. Which, unless you're HTC, Samsung, Nokia, or Huawei, you likely don't have. :(
Yup ... the phone is on its way to Nokia as we speak :unhappy:

I must admit - I had expected to see some stability-issues on my WP-phone that I was not used to on my previous iPhones, but I had really not expected this. :straight:

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yup ... the phone is on its way to Nokia as we speak :unhappy:

I must admit - I had expected to see some stability-issues on my WP-phone that I was not used to on my previous iPhones, but I had really not expected this. :straight:

This is the first time I've ever seen this happen to a Lumia....

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Gabriel Brewer

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the Icon I received today. It booted up fine the first time and then it asked me to re-install my SIM card and reboot after the setup was finished. I did so and now it will display the Nokia logo and the flash a blue screen and shut off. I've always had the best of luck with windows phones but this is just weird... Going to wait a little bit and regularly try the factory reset every couple hours. Hopefully it works. I'd hate to have to go through the whole process of sending it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss