Verizon and the 928?

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
How good has Verizon treated 928 customers in general? Do you get fast updates? Are you allowed to keep all the new features or do Verizon strip a few away? I ask this question because I plan on getting 929 or the 1520 and I am curious to know how Verizon treat their premium WP8(928) users.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I've had Verizon for over 15 years and the 928 for four months. There are two ways to approach your concern. When I had Android on Verizon, it would take them "forever" to put out updates. They were always the last to issue updates.

As for the 928, they have been great. We got the GDR? update the week it was released. I believe it was because it was a Windows phone and the testing and so forth was done by Microsoft and not Verizon.. I don't see this changing for the near future. The benefit of having Microsoft do the OTA updates is Verizon can't add the BS stuff they normally add to updates if they issue them.

Round about way of saying Verizon has been great on WP updates.

Dave Myers1

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had a WP device since the trophy and updates have been much better than with previous Android phones. But forget about high level customer and tech service, they treat windows phone customers like second class citizens and have no clue, for the most part. It its not bubbly, gaudy or fruity, they don't care

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The biggest grudge I've had with Verizon's treatment of WP8 was the whole group messaging deal. The fact that the 822, 928, and HTC 8x were out for as long as they were without the ability to group message on Verizon's network is just sad. Verizon pretty much decided to remove the feature from their WP8's and only added it again months later after several hundred complaints.

Besides that, Verizon has treat their WP8 wielding customers as they should.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I've had the 928 since launch and before that had a Razr Maxx and I can say I am much happier with my choice to switch to WP8 and stay with VZ. As above, they are right when it comes to updates. I maybe got 1 update the 2 years I had the last phone. Since having this one, I believe I have received 1-2 and given the option for the developers preview. Not even to bring up the GDR3 and 8.1 coming within the next 6 months (even though I just brought it up). VZ and WP are good friends, stay with them. I can't remark on AT&T but I've heard they are good when it comes to exclusive devices and etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abigial