Swapped 928's, Now i don't think I have Amber. Glance screen not working.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I had to switch out my Lumia 928 due to sound issues. I restored using my MS account, and in the process a number of downloads had errors. I am not sure that is the issue or not. then I got the automatic update to GDR2.

All seems stable and works, and i can't figure out which apps may not have updated. But I do not have GLANCE screem which makes me think I did not get Amber update.

How do I check and what can I do to get GLANCE screen working.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You will not get Amber from a reinstall. You will have to re-install it like you did originally through the Nokia beta program.

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Martsicky -> Thanks. That was the issue. I had just figured it out when you posted and used the Nokia App Updater app to find the issue. So it seems when you move to new phone the Nokia apps don't update. Does anyone know why? Regardless, I am all set.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Martsicky -> Thanks. That was the issue. I had just figured it out when you posted and used the Nokia App Updater app to find the issue. So it seems when you move to new phone the Nokia apps don't update. Does anyone know why? Regardless, I am all set.

That's pretty simple - GDR2/Amber update includes just initial releases of Glance and Touch + outdated Nokia apps/nokia settings, many of those have already seen several updates since Amber went available 'over-the-air'. They can't simply implement them into update which is already live ;)

They will implement all those updated apps to upcoming Lumia Black update.

For now you'll have to update those apps everytime you hard-reset your phone.
NOTE: Phone back-up doesn't include updated software/vendor settings apps, so its not really surprising :):):)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
When you hard reset (or replace) a phone, the Nokia apps will update. But they don't update right away. I've seen them take a day. But you can get around that with the direct links or by using something like SysApp Pusher (or others).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05