very high contrast screen

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I got L928, have "no problems" besides know screen freezing and Back-Windows-Bing not responding - I dont remember when last time these issues appeared, so not complaining about them..
What worried me today is when I unlocked my phone the screen was very-very high contrasted but it turned back to normal in a second or two. should I worry about this? have anybody had this on their phone? I have never noticed this before and so far it's working fine...

ps. I had my pictures open and this how it looked like (not a screenshot)
Fantasia_Painting_7.jpg

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
same happened to my Lumia 920 when I unlock it. don't know why and how to fix it.to fix it I just lock my phone and unlock it in once again and voila its working fine again.maybe its a bug in gd3 by Microsoft.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
no I know how nokia auto sun light works when I use my phone under sunlight. this even happens when I am in a dark room(lol at night) and sunlight adjustment by nokia is great and a unique feature I love to show it my other folks and winters are here they are amazed how I am able to operate my touchscreen , wearing gloves

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
do you have glance enabled?

every once in a while my 920 has a similar look before reverting back to normal a split second later. Perhaps its related to glance background, or glance itself

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a 928, just a 900, but mine did the same for a split second after hitting the power button once. AMOLED panels are in their infancy (compared to LCD, which have been in development for decades) so there are bound to be anomalies happening from time to time before consumer products are faultless. If it keeps happening on a really regular basis, with the effect lasting longer and longer, you might have a dying panel. Just keep an eye on it, and see if it re-occurs and gets worse.

My 900's screen went green once (and when the phone was released a lot of them went purple) - but it hasn't happened since in over a year so i'm not too concerned. :)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
do you have glance enabled?
I do have glance time + glance background enabled. Time-since it was available. Glance background- I didn't like when Nokia released it, but yesterday I decided to try it again.. Do you really think glance would cause this? Again, as I said earlier after that moment it didn't occur again

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do have glance time + glance background enabled. Time-since it was available. Glance background- I didn't like when Nokia released it, but yesterday I decided to try it again.. Do you really think glance would cause this? Again, as I said earlier after that moment it didn't occur again

just a hunch, since it happened only right when i wake it from glance and it looks like the same high contrast look it applies to glance
I could be wrong, but it makes sense to ne

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
just a hunch, since it happened only right when i wake it from glance and it looks like the same high contrast look it applies to glance
I could be wrong, but it makes sense to ne

I also think it has something to do with the glance feature. I wouldn't worry about it, it's still in beta.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It happened again. Uninstalled glance background. Don't know how serious it is, not willing to risk because I can't find its (phones)box I had my receipt in it (paid full price for device)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb