[FIXED] 928 won't turn on - green dot

frumpl

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Last night, I noticed a download waiting for Wi-Fi. Since, my phone should be connected, I went to Wi-FI settings and the on/off switch was greyed out and it couldn't find any access points. So, I thought I'd turn it off and back on. Well, it turned off and will not turn back on. If I look at the phone in the dark, I can see that the screen's backlight is still on and there's a green dot towards the upper right corner. The battery was low, but not out. So, I've left it unplugged hoping a complete drain might help. Still not responsive this morning and the screen looks the same.

I also get no response when I hold volume down and power. I don't how know to do a hard reset, but I found this in another thread

Try this: with it powered off, hold volume down, then plug in your device. An exclamation mark will appear. Then, press this combination: volume up, volume down, power button, volume down.
Hope that helps.

Not sure what that does exactly, though.

Has anyone seen something similar? If I can't fix it, I'm not sure who to go to for help. I bought it at Newegg in June, I'm on Verizon and of course Nokia made it.

Thanks for any help!

frumpl

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: 928 won't turn on - green dot

Nevermind, move along...

Apparently, I wasn't holding volume down/power long enough. It has now turned back on.

Nothing to see here...

Thanks, though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss