Uconnect 8.4AN

fierovin

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a new Dodge with Uconnect. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about using the 928 with the Uconnect 8.4an. It seems to work for calls and I can play music but the text messaging part doesn't work. I was able to make calls and use the text feature just fine in my 2009 Chevy but on the other hand it wouldn't play music. Thanks in advance.

Zaphed

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Oddly the Windows Phone 7.5 is listed as having SMS announcement capability (and reading the text message) however Windows Phone 8 is listed as not compatible with the text message feature. What is even more strange is that when I first connected by Windows Phone 8 (An HTC 8X) to my new Jeep with the latest and greatest version of Uconnect, it worked and announced the text message, who it was from, and asked me if I wanted to read it or ignore it. A day later Uconnect reports that the phone does not support the messaging function, and that option is grayed out on the uConnect screen. I have tried deleting and re-paring the phone, but that doesn't do anything different. I suppose I will never convince anyone at Jeep that the phone actually did work at one point (just a couple of days ago) and they will tell me the phone is not supported since if you look at the on-line Uconnect documentation the texting function is not listed as supported.

Also, the number of Windows Phone users is probably quite small compared to something like Android or iPhone so I would guess fixing a Windows Phone issue is not high on the priority list. I'll keep hoping for an update a re-enables it, but it may just be time to trade phones I guess - too bad, I otherwise like the Windows Phone 8.

kinca

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
We windows users need to keep speaking up to uconnect and dodge/jeep or they will never do an app for it.:smile:

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Dodge Dart with the 8.4N Uconnect system. My HTC Win7 phone supported the Uconnect texting feature but when I upgraded with a Lumia 822 WP 8 phone the text messaging was grayed out and disabled. No biggie anyway since the Uconnect texting feature was kind of worthless anyway-it was just a bunch of pre-written phrases you could choose from. The built in WP texting works very well with Uconnect over Bluetooth. It's even better now with Cortana. You are not missing a thing not using the built in Uconnect texting.

Ben Willson

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Both my 920 and 1520 with 8.1 , SMS works just fine with uconnent in a 2014 caravan. My wife's 925 without 8.1 does not though. So I am betting its a non reported feature of 8.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos