I have my color profile set all the way to "Cool" and it still does not come close to producing a pure white background. I was comparing my phone to a friends Apple 5s and the 928's screen was really dull and off-white in comparison.

I later compared it to a white-balance card with the same results.

Where I saw this the most was reading email (black text and white background and with the Kindle app. When looking Kindle the Apple 5s produced as true, brilliant page-white display and the text was sharp and easy to read, while the 928 was readable the contrast was not even close to the 5s and the background was a dull off-white with a slight yellow tint.

I don't get it. I thought the Lumia display was supposed to be one of the best on the market.

What am I missing here?

Anyone else done this comparison?

Is there something wrong with my display or is the Lumia display simply not up to snuff.
    12-28-2013 04:48 PM
    The Lumia has an OLED screen, while the iPhone has an IPS panel. Yours generates way more saturated colors and darker blacks, but the iPhone is a bit lighter, and the white is better..
    12-29-2013 06:19 AM
    Got to disagree on the color and blacks, I was really chagrinned because I thought the Lumia display would be better and sorry to say it is not even close... I wanted so for the Lumia display to be at least on par but truly not in the same league.

Further I did not think that burn-in would ever be a problem with AMOLED screens but I am SO WORNG... the Pandora controls are burnt into my screen!!!!
    12-29-2013 02:11 PM
    Got to disagree on the color and blacks, I was really chagrinned because I thought the Lumia display would be better and sorry to say it is not even close... I wanted so for the Lumia display to be at least on par but truly not in the same league.

Further I did not think that burn-in would ever be a problem with AMOLED screens but I am SO WORNG... the Pandora controls are burnt into my screen!!!!
    Everybody has his own preference. To me, AMOLED and pure black are way more important than brightness. I like Plasma TV way more than LCD too. So I find apple 5s' screen is really ****ty and unbearable. Again, it's just a matter of preference.
    12-29-2013 07:03 PM
    Everybody has his own preference. To me, AMOLED and pure black are way more important than brightness. I like Plasma TV way more than LCD too. So I find apple 5s' screen is really ****ty and unbearable. Again, it's just a matter of preference.
    i agree but my comparison is with the iphone4 and lumia 620. when reading black text on white background the Lumia 620 is way easier on the eyes. a lot warmer. iphone4 has a blue hue to it.
    12-29-2013 07:32 PM
    I would try exchanging it. The burn-in shouldn't be happening so quickly. I never had burn-in on my S2 Skyrocket.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    12-29-2013 08:31 PM