Wireless Charging Stand Recomendations

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just purchased a Verizon Lumina 928 for use on Rogers here in Canada. Tomorrow I am headed to Phoenix for a week and was wondering if there was any recommendations on a wireless charging accessory for the device. Selection here is essentially non existent. Preferably a cheap one as the phone purchase after Christmas unexpectedly damaged my wallet (smashed my Ativ S).

In the perfect scenario I will get two, one for my house and one for my office.

Thanks!

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
You only want to get OE Nokia ones, so that limits your choices, all the other aftermarket charging plates, stands or pillows are iffy.
And "cheap ones" are cheap, get a NOKIA one or it's big gamble, your cheap one might cost you double if you have to keep returning it.
Get ones made to work with NOKIA LUMIA phones.

Since the 928 has a built in receiver you can either get the Nokia DT-900 Charging plate sarting at about $25 and up
or Nokia DT 910 Charging stand are at least double that price and the Nokia FATBOY Pillow DT-901 are about $40. on eBay for a new one.
Just use those part numbers
with NOKIA before (I.E. Nokia DT-901 ) them in any search engine to find the best prices, prices are all over the place but the

DT-900 is 1/2 price on AT&T with free shipping ( online only) in black, white or yellow and yes this is made to work with your 928
Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate accessories from AT&T and it is not AT&T branded it is a OE NOKIA charging plate.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
You only want to get OE Nokia ones, so that limits your choices, all the other aftermarket charging plates, stands or pillows are iffy.

WOW, that is a bold statement. You sound like a iSheep but just for Nokia products. I have personally used the Energizer and a few other "3rd party" QI chargers and they worked fine with my HTC 8X and my 928. Never had an issue. Telling someone that they SHOULD only buy one products, when others are fine are just wrong.

This phone will work with ANY QI charger, it's a standard. The Nokia ones have a nice look to them, they work pretty well and they are on sale at a few places for $20-25ish. They are a good value but, you should not limit your brand searches.

I use the Tylt Vu with my 928. A little pricey at $70, but has had flawless performance and looks sharp.

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

Dam, that is sexy. Makes me want a 3-D printer even more. With a Nokia charger and a 3-D printer, you could create one of those in a afternoon...

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
WOW, that is a bold statement. You sound like a iSheep but just for Nokia products. I have personally used the Energizer and a few other "3rd party" QI chargers and they worked fine with my HTC 8X and my 928. Never had an issue. Telling someone that they SHOULD only buy one products, when others are fine are just wrong.

This phone will work with ANY QI charger, it's a standard. The Nokia ones have a nice look to them, they work pretty well and they are on sale at a few places for $20-25ish. They are a good value but, you should not limit your brand searches.

Dam, that is sexy. Makes me want a 3-D printer even more. With a Nokia charger and a 3-D printer, you could create one of those in a afternoon...

It's not a bold statement, if you read threads and posts here on WPC by Lumia owners a large majority of those posts say non Nokia chargers
are iffy and a large percentage say they have issues with non OE chargers.
And they don't work with any Qi charger -my experience from two I purchased on eBay of course that's only 2 out of 2 that would take
forever or not register a fully charged battery and stop charging, but that's just 2 of 2, maybe the 3rd time would have been the ticket.
I'm just giving him my advice I'm sure he's smart enough and can weigh statements and conclusions and then decide.
He must know it's an opinion based on personal experience.

Last edited:

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Which Lumia do you have ? that's a good price but I couldn't find one review that mentioned a Lumia only Nexus
-which doesn't mean it won't work on Lumia but after spending 10 min looking for a
reviewer mentioning a Lumia phone I couldn't find one mention of a Nokia Lumia

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Got a DT 900 from AT&T for thirty bucks today. Going to try and find a stand up or car one over the next few days, but happy that I got a stand easily and quickly at a decent price. Did find two DT 900 vendors in Canada before I left, one for seventy bucks and the other for a hundred - obviously glad to not pay that.

cwbcpa71

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a DT-900 that came with the 928 I bought used. It works great. If I am going to use the 928 on a regular basis then I will definitely pick up another one for the office.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I caught the DT-900 for under $25 a while back, so I have one mounted under a shelf on my desk at work, one on my desk at home, one in the living room by my wife's chair, and one in my car (it uses 12v input :wink:). Not to mention the JBL Power-up in the living room by my chair. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077