Battery drain

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What can I do on my 928 that wont drain the battery like crazy? Games kill it. Streaming music kills it. Surfing web kills it. Setting screen on low doesn't help at all. Is this a 928 issue or windows issue?

I'm getting really frustrated but I dont want to go back to android.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
What can I do on my 928 that wont drain the battery like crazy? Games kill it. Streaming music kills it. Surfing web kills it. Setting screen on low doesn't help at all. Is this a 928 issue or windows issue?

I'm getting really frustrated but I dont want to go back to android.

I am not sure what you mean? The battery is draining like crazy when you play games and/or stream music? Those are two very intensive task on a phone, so hence you will see battery drain in those cases. As for surfing the web, are you surfing via Wifi or mobile connection?
I know it is standard answer, but have you tried going to settings--> applications and turned off any background task not necessary? And as a last resort, you can do a factory reset and see if if "cleans out" something that is the problem.
I have been using the 928, with GDR3 preview and have not really ever had any major battery issues, other than when playing games, which is to be expected.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So thirty minutes of music should take it down to 71%? Thats normal? This is my second 928 the first one wasn't as bad but it was still draining faster than when I was on android.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
WiFi music streaming and gaming will kill battery quick! You could have intermittent WiFi signal cause battery drain as well. Gaming is just that. Depends on how intense the game is.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok my tiles just stopped updating and I haven't installed anything...has anyone had this happen? I'm not bashing it and I love wp8. Just a few frustrations

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I find battery life on the 928 to be average at best. Music doesn't really kill my battery but games are another story. When I have an unusually quick battery drain I shut down the phone and restart. Its usually back to normal the next day. I had the tiles updating issue and couldn't fix it by removing apps like I did on wp7. Since upgrading to gdr3 everything is running smooth again. Good luck.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I find battery life on the 928 to be average at best. Music doesn't really kill my battery but games are another story. When I have an unusually quick battery drain I shut down the phone and restart. Its usually back to normal the next day. I had the tiles updating issue and couldn't fix it by removing apps like I did on wp7. Since upgrading to gdr3 everything is running smooth again. Good luck.

I'm going to try to replace the tiles. Last time I had to wipe the phone which bricked and I had to get another phone (this one)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
My 928 used to have incredible battery life but maybe the last week its been pretty weak. Not sure why exactly. I have a ton of apps disabled for background tasks. Time to experiment.

Simple Calendar was updated on the 23rd. That's my first removal.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to try to replace the tiles. Last time I had to wipe the phone which bricked and I had to get another phone (this one)

Well I deleted the two tiles that stopped updating (battery and wpcentral) went into the settings and cut live tile off and back on. Reset the phone. Put the tiles back and they are working again. In case anyone else had this problem. There worse tile to have freeze is the battery tile. There is nothing like looking at a tile that says 70% and you are really at 25%

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Take the battery app off your phone. I noticed the thing draining more of my battery than what I was using other useful apps for. It kept telling me every 20 minutes my battery was draining 6 or 7 %. Really? Its a useless app. It tells me nothing about an app hog that I can't see for myself. I know my battery is draining when I'm listening to music. I don't need an app dinging in every 20 minutes with crap. It sucked my battery quicker than anything. NFC tap and send seems to have a bug too. Turned it off as well. I will use it when I need it. Got to love the windows bugs. Obviously I do or I wouldn't have got rid of my 5s. It has a bigger bug! Letting people hijack your Facebook through apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss