Help with 928 camera

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a 928 at a good price. I've been thinking about picking up another WP since I had the 822 a few months ago. I really think WP OS has a lot to offer and the Nokia phones are top quality.

Anyway, my question is about the camera. When using the default setting in Nokia Camera my pictures come out with a yellow tent. This seems to happen indoors and outside. When I manually adjust the white balance I get better pictures. I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to make the pictures better when white balance is set to auto.

I like the 928 quite a bit. I just would like to be able to pull my phone out and snap a picture without having to make adjustments to get a decent shot. Thanks.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you inside and using the flash in an artificially lit room? If so, then this is a frequently-reported problem. The current software doesn't seem to do a good job with white balance when using flash under other artificial light. You can either turn off the flash or adjust the white balance accordingly. Hopefully Black will fix this, but it looks to me like when you turn on the flash, it chooses the flash WB setting, disregarding other light that may be present.

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you inside and using the flash in an artificially lit room? If so, then this is a frequently-reported problem. The current software doesn't seem to do a good job with white balance when using flash under other artificial light. You can either turn off the flash or adjust the white balance accordingly. Hopefully Black will fix this, but it looks to me like when you turn on the flash, it chooses the flash WB setting, disregarding other light that may be present.

This is happening with pictures inside using flash and then the same thing happened yesterday while taking pictures outside in the snow.

In both cases I was able to adjust the white balance to get a good picture.

Has there been any word on when the black update will hit the 928?

I am really looking forward to getting the 8.1 update but this next update sounds good for now.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There has been nothing but speculation on when Black will come to 928, so no point in my even taking a stab at it. As for 8.1, there's been nothing official stated for that, either, however there is speculation that it will happen at BUILD, which is set for April 2-4. No guarantees, but BUILD is a good place for MS to make announcements like that one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa