928 owners, will you move on to the 929?

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, for some reason Tapatalk put my above reply in the wrong thread and I can't remove it.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Might move away from Nokia altogether, I've just received yet another lemon as a replacement and I'm now heavily suspicious of the verizon-only phones. Terrible accessory support too

Bummer. I'm a pretty reasonable guy, I know that *stuff* happens. But when a company has a chance to fix something and blows it, *that* will sour me very quickly. And I hold grudges, lol. Agreed on the Verizon-only phones. Hopefully Nokiasoft phones can be universal and not carrier specific.

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Got mine in late October from ebay, no complaints with the phone and got to keep my unlimited data. The only way I am upgrading is if they get a 1020 variant for Verizon.

Did the same thing in December!

But I will go to 929, if for the bigger screen & better camera.

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So here's a question for you 928 owners. I understand that before the 928 was released, there were rumors about the 928 itself as well. How long before it debuted from the rumors, and was there a slip on a test website as well? I'm hoping that Verizon trends the same way like this on the 929/Icon coming out.

PPCFreak

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i will wait to official confirmation that FM tuner works. that is something that I wish the 928 had but other then that, pretty happy with the L928

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
If it has noticeably better battery life I will definitely upgrade I cant get more than 6-7 hours

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So here's a question for you 928 owners. I understand that before the 928 was released, there were rumors about the 928 itself as well. How long before it debuted from the rumors, and was there a slip on a test website as well? I'm hoping that Verizon trends the same way like this on the 929/Icon coming out.

I think there were months of torment as well.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I think there were months of torment as well.
Oh yea, we all sat around here lamenting over how Verizon didn't love us and the executives had a not-so-secret desire to see WP fail because of the Kin device debacle, etc etc. We drooled over the pictures released on Twitter and debated the rumored metal body vs polycarbonate body and how could it have built in qi charging if it was metal (we now know the metal body rumors became the 925).

Good times and I've been drawing a lot of parallels now between the 928 and the 929/Icon development and release. "When it's ready" seems to be the unsatisfactory answer we get with Verizon on these things.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Initially I said I would not get this phone, waiting for the 1020 variant. But with no rumors of 41 MP coming to Verizon, I'm starting to have second thoughts on that. I still don't like the LED flash, when I already have xenon on my 928, but I want the bigger camera. At this point I'd say that I don't know if I'll get it or not, but if I do, it likely won't be on launch day. I really want the 41 MP, and I don't want to give up the xenon flash.... Come on, Verizon! Give us what we're asking for!

Over in the 929 forum someone says he runs a corporate Verizon store and received a shipment of accessories, and that he typically sees that within about two weeks of launch.

dreadlion42

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Same her but I picked up the 822. Chose the 822 over the 928 because I knew when the 929 comes out I'm going to get one so it seemed like it would feel like more of an upgrade coming from the 822 than the 928.
Did the same thing in December!

But I will go to 929, if for the bigger screen & better camera.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Initially I said I would not get this phone, waiting for the 1020 variant. But with no rumors of 41 MP coming to Verizon, I'm starting to have second thoughts on that. I still don't like the LED flash, when I already have xenon on my 928, but I want the bigger camera. At this point I'd say that I don't know if I'll get it or not, but if I do, it likely won't be on launch day. I really want the 41 MP, and I don't want to give up the xenon flash.... Come on, Verizon! Give us what we're asking for!

Assuming I'm remembering right, you already have bigger cameras though, don't you? :wink:

Seriously though. Just give us something fully loaded, even if it is a bit of niche product. Let the 929 be the mainline flagship level phone, but give us the *option* to have one with everything. The big camera. Xenon. FM for Dave in CT. MicroSD slot for those RAW shots. A big battery. A very nice screen, nothing outrageous size wise (so 4.5-5" I think would be fine). Good sound capabilities. Large battery. The camera grip, refined (maybe add a standard attachment bracket/ring/whatever that can carryover to other grips). Give it to ussssssssss....

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Seriously though. Just give us something fully loaded, even if it is a bit of niche product. Let the 929 be the mainline flagship level phone, but give us the *option* to have one with everything. The big camera. Xenon. FM for Dave in CT. MicroSD slot for those RAW shots. A big battery. A very nice screen, nothing outrageous size wise (so 4.5-5" I think would be fine). Good sound capabilities. Large battery. The camera grip, refined (maybe add a standard attachment bracket/ring/whatever that can carryover to other grips). Give it to ussssssssss....

Don't forget the microwave.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
How about the auto coffee dispenser. I would love to remote my coffee pot. Of course I am still trying to figure out how to remote fill the filter and coffee into the pot.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Assuming I'm remembering right, you already have bigger cameras though, don't you? :wink:

If by "bigger cameras" you're talking DSLR, yes. I have a Canon EOS 50D and several very good quality lenses. But since the 41MP camera on a phone is out there, I want it. :wink:

Yes, Xenon, 41 MP, FM, SD, battery, screen (personally, I like the 4.5" range, I don't think I'd want bigger than 5"), the speaker that the 928 has (or better :wink:), camera grip...... WE WANT IT ALL!

Personally, I hate the exclusive/carrier thing, as it severely restricts the number of available accessories we have to choose from.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'd want to jump. I mean my 928 has held up nicely since June and my only issue with it is that I keep filling it with music, deleting an app here or there or even a game. I would probably be one of those users who want support for 128gb microsd cards, due to my music library. I've got some photos on it's the best point and shoot camera and the best arguably in night scenes. The built-in (no replacement shell here!) wireless charging is a feature I can't let go now. I bought two of the charging plates for $12.50 each and the nokia car dock for $79. The battery is just solid, and the only beef with the device is the speaker only plays the left channel audio instead of downmixing stereo, so some tracks sound odd.

On the other hand, I'd love a 1080p WP for watching movies (on long car rides.) The size seems right on the Icon, just a bit larger than the 928, but smaller than the 1520. When the Icon releases, I'll just have to see how really tiny my Trophy is in comparison.

I'd like to have FM too, but its not that necessary... Well, if I needed, it would have to have HD Radio in it. But, its kinda dead for anything but car stereos and home av receivers. The worst part is that it will never have complete market penetration due to the HD Radio codec being a trade secret and being a US only thing... Here's to hoping for a spiritual successor to the Zune HD.

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm an 822 owner and I'm just wondering if and when the 929 will launch? Anyone heard anything new, because it is not on Verizon's site.

Sit tight, we're all hoping for a January release based on some positive things that Verizon and Microsoft store employees have said. Every Thursday is a tense day around these parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb