Lumia Black Update

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I did get the update done but when I went to Download the Nokia Beamer and Storyteller it said it not available that It requires the black update.
I also noticed that when I went to the Nokia availibilty page that it shows the Lumia 928 is still waiting for black update

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
In what way is it worse.

Well the greenish/yellowish tint is still there from the post-processing, and the pictures are a lot softer with much less detail. The pictures look kind of cloudy, almost like there's a fingerprint on my lens. Zooming in and cropping is basically useless now too because there's SO much noise. It's really disappointing when updates make things work. Some 920 users have even downgraded to Portico because of how bad it is, but I don't want to do that because I like the other features that come with Amber/Black, so I guess I'll just learn to deal with it.

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else get this error message during "preparing to install" phase: "update was downloaded, but couldn't be opened. (8018830f)". I've tried installing it dozens of times.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had no problems. I had the GDR3 update prior through the Developer program. Update was done in about 15 minutes. A few hours later, I got a notice to upgrade "Accessories".

Oh and it seems MUCH faster. ;-)

coip

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had no problems. I had the GDR3 update prior through the Developer program. Update was done in about 15 minutes. A few hours later, I got a notice to upgrade "Accessories".

Oh and it seems MUCH faster. ;-)

Well, we have two 928s in our house. One of them updated without issue. The other one just won't update at all. Always fails in the same spot. I tried turning off the phone, soft resetting it, etc. I've tried about 3 dozen times now. It won't install. Very frustrating.

ListeningStone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Received the Lumia Black Update tonight. I thought this update was supposed to give us the ability to change the sounds for 'text', 'new voicemail', 'new email' & 'reminders' to any ringtone of our liking instead of using just the standard alert/nokia sounds... but to my dismay, I still only have the option to choose from the standard sounds.

Does anyone else have the same problem or was I misled.

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
do not know why they care so much they just have to give it time I have a lumia 928 outside the united states and it works great I received the update to black and everything works fine I have no GDR3 upgrade from MS yet but I am waiting to see new in me that having luck

wp_ss_20140213_0004.jpg

Last edited:

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Received the Lumia Black Update tonight. I thought this update was supposed to give us the ability to change the sounds for 'text', 'new voicemail', 'new email' & 'reminders' to any ringtone of our liking instead of using just the standard alert/nokia sounds... but to my dismay, I still only have the option to choose from the standard sounds.

Those updates are part of WP 8.1 (Blue), not the Black update. . .

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Those updates are part of WP 8.1 (Blue), not the Black update. . .
The ability to make your personal ringtone to texts and emails came with the update 3 I got the developers unpdate free when it came out in december and have had the personal tones since then. You dont have to wait for 8.1 you just need the update 3

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

Does anyone else have the same problem or was I misled.It is the update 3 not the lumia black update that gives you the ability to personalize your text and email tones

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site

It is the update 3 not the black update that give you the ability to have personal text and email ring tones

ListeningStone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
The ability to make your personal ringtone to texts and emails came with the update 3 I got the developers unpdate free when it came out in december and have had the personal tones since then. You dont have to wait for 8.1 you just need the update 3

Thanks. I thought GDR3 and Black were combined. :)

ListeningStone

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
If your in the US with a verizon 928 I thought they were going to come together.

That is what I thought. I do have the ability to change the ringtone and text sound for each contact but for the text tones my only choices are the standard sounds that come with the nokia phone. I cannot add any new ones. When the specs for gdr3/black said custom ringtones and text tones, I thought I would be able to add my own text tones. I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for your help Fredd. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss