Please help answering this.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I decided to purchase a Lumia 928 form ebay.com

but before that I would like to know if it will work on any CDMA \ 800 network?
or it's only a GSM network?

thanks a lot

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
It will work on Verizon with CDMA/LTE, and it will work on GSM networks, though there are reports of issues with messaging at least on the domestic GSM carriers (ATT/T-Mo). Edit: GSM data speeds will depend on the bands it supports and the carrier it is on.

wasim sallam

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
It will work on Verizon with CDMA/LTE, and it will work on GSM networks, though there are reports of issues with messaging at least on the domestic GSM carriers (ATT/T-Mo). Edit: GSM data speeds will depend on the bands it supports and the carrier it is on.

will it work with other CDMA networks outside USA??

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Shouldn't have an issue; the 928 worked great for me in Ireland, China, Thailand and Japan. Aside from the ridiculous phone bill, that is... Next time I'll be getting a local carrier SIM and save some money.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't have an issue; the 928 worked great for me in Ireland, China, Thailand and Japan. Aside from the ridiculous phone bill, that is... Next time I'll be getting a local carrier SIM and save some money.
Well, I stand corrected. Good! :grin:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Was that using the Verizon international roaming though? I only ask because I'm not sure how it would work trying to get it onto a carrier otherwise. I think using it on GSM via SIM card would be easiest otherwise when international.

MikesChevelle

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
928 will only operate on VZW CDMA, any use outside the US will be by roaming or GSM. You could not walk into a store in an other country and use it on a local CDMA. Worldwide GSM yes, CDMA anything other than VZW, no

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I used VZW international roaming to generate the ridiculous phone bill. Thank goodness for WiFi with Skype and Viber or it would've been far worse!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos