Microsoft Account and Facebook Account syncing issues

ChromeLocke

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
So less than a week into owning my new Nokia Lumia 928, my Microsoft Account and Facebook account become "Not-up-to-date." The only way to fix this problem has been to restart my phone's wifi adapter, and manually sync them. This happens every 5-6 hours or so. I have tried many things, and spent hours on forums looking for fixes and answers. Ive changed my fb password, changed email settings, called many support numbers, and after a full factory reset, created an entirely new email and ms account, to no avail. If I cannot find a fix or some help here, the phone will be returned for a new one, yet I'm worried the same thing might happen. Any help or input is appreciated, thank you.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear. From what you describe, it could be one of the occasions where the MS backend takes a dump for awhile on a small number of accounts. Eventually someone plugs it back in or flips the switch on the power strip back on, and everything magically resolves. Unfortunately it never seems to be enough for them to realize there is a small outage going on. :(

However, we can always have fresh eyes here look at it. What are your account sync settings? Do you have any trouble with other clients (webmail, mail client on pc, other mobile devices)? Do you have 2-factor authentication enabled?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, commenting on your post broke my MS & linked Twitter accounts. :p

I would just wait a day or two, this sort of thing usually resolves after a short while.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
My Comcast email, Facebook, and M$ are going it. Why don't they have this going straight to the source? Seems there is no reason for my fb and Comcast to go through M$ server.

ChromeLocke

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Two step verification was on my old ms account, but after the hard reset I linked the new account, without it. No problems with other devices, only this Lumia. And ive tried many, many different combinations of sync settings, none working. currently it's set to download every 15, and email from the last seven days, with content to sync checked by email. another note is that under content to sync, email is my only option.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
My FB account never auto syncs.. So, everytime I reboot, I sync it manually and I open messaging hub every now and then to see whether I'm signed in or not. If it says 'can't connect to chat', I know that my account is not synced and I go n manually sync it. So annoying..

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, can't think of anything. Maybe try posting in one of the broader forums on here, maybe just the general Windows Phone 8 forum.

Bummer. Mine seems to be working fine now, fwiw.

ChromeLocke

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Stopped in by Verizon today, got a new phone. The associate explained if it happens again I should just get a non-windows phone. 60min later, the issue returned. This is horrendous, can someone please explain to me how this phone is even on the market?

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Stopped in by Verizon today, got a new phone. The associate explained if it happens again I should just get a non-windows phone. 60min later, the issue returned. This is horrendous, can someone please explain to me how this phone is even on the market?

Don't think its the phone. Something is either wrong with the account(s) on their end, or the configuration on your end.

Also, if phones were only on the market IF no one had any problems with them, we would still only be using old Bell dial tone phones in our home.

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

On about 1/10 and continuing for a week, both my 928 and my wife's 928 keep becoming disconnected from Wi-Fi after going to the lock screen and going to sleep.. Yes, "Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out" is checked. No settings are any different then the last 6 months. 2 Windows 7 machines and a Windows 8 machine work fine. We just keep getting knocked off Wi-Fi. If the phones are re-booted they connect again temporarily. If you walk down the street out of Wi-Fi range and then back, it will connect temporarily. If you manually turn off Wi-Fi and turn it back on, it will work temporarily, but it constantly, eventually disconnects. This is a new problem on phones that settings have not been changed and worked perfectly before.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Is this is on one particular network? Or all WiFi networks in general?

If just one, it could suggest a problem with the router (especially with two phones having problems).

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think the router is fine. 3 computers on the network work fine. The two phones randomly get knocked off Wi-Fi. Today new scenarios appeared. One phone was fine while the other was off Wi-Fi which was new. Also, the phones started to reconnect on occasion by themselves without manually disconnecting, then re-connecting. Just for ha-has I turned the router on and off tonight. The computers work fine. The phones are unpredictable.

Future Fossil

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, I did re-set the router despite the fact that 3 computers were working fine through it. So far the phones have been staying connected for 2 days now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire