Good Car Charger?

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey all! Thanks to Windows Phone's integrated podcast support I am now addicted to various podcasts that I listen to religiously on my daily commute. I also use my phone as an MP3 player regularly in the car via Bluetooth. With all this car usage, I've found that I really, really need to have a dash mount for my phone.

I'm a little lost, though. Not sure what I should get... Windows Phone isn't exactly catered for by most local phone shops so I'm afraid if I just buy something off a shelf somewhere it won't properly fit my phone. Aside from that, I'd be really interested in using one of those car chargers that have NFC tags which can make certain apps launch on mounting, etc.

This guy actually looks like a solid choice, but is really pricey and I'd hate to spend that much money on something I can't go out to a store and look at ahead of time.

So... any of you have a dash mount for your 928? What do you think of it? Anyone own the Nokia wireless charging car mount?

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So... any of you have a dash mount for your 928? What do you think of it? Anyone own the Nokia wireless charging car mount?

It's not quite made for the 928 -- it hits the camera button apparently. You can trim it back but the mangled look will depend on your skills with a Dremel I assume.
edit: there was a thread about it last summer, you should be able to find it in here somewhere
edit2: how horrible that in the description at the MICROSOFT store they call it a car charger for LUMINA phones?!?!

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input! I did see a few threads about the CR-200 charger from Nokia but didn't see a whole lot of stuff specific to the 928. It seems the new Nokia charger is dubbed CR-201 and was slightly modified so as to not press the side buttons on the 1520. I wonder if that means it wouldn't press the buttons on the 928 either...

I'd love to hear from anyone who's got car mounts for their 928!

P.S. I just noticed what you said about the Microsoft store, pretty lol-worthy right there...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans