Verizon / Nokia Lumia 928 Update

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I updated mine this morning and now many of my apps (third party, Bing and Nokia apps) won't open, they just blink and then close right away. Hope they fix this soon. This happen to anyone else?

There was a similar issue with the last developer update. Apparently your phone "forgot" to redownload those apps. You will have to reinstall the apps to get them back

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine updated last night, took about 10 mins. Everything works fine, looks like it was just bug fixes. Not sure yet if it affected screen sensitivity or freezing issues. I was/am on GDR 2/Amber.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone comment on touch sensitivity or screen freezing? I wonder if this update fixed those issues!
Do you have ANY beta apps installed? Facebook BETA, Instagram BETA, etc. etc?
I had freezing until I uninstalled ANYTHING "beta" I installed and suddenly the screen freeze completely stopped.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have ANY beta apps installed? Facebook BETA, Instagram BETA, etc. etc?
I had freezing until I uninstalled ANYTHING "beta" I installed and suddenly the screen freeze completely stopped.

Try that for 2 week and see if it still doesn't crash. Then report back :D I have a 920 and 1020 and none have ever had the screen freeze even with the beta app.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Any update on what this update officially was? Why is it so hard to update users with change logs, etc...? I really like to know what was fixed.

Anything from Verizon?

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife got the update notification on her 928 and my 928 says it's up to date when I do a search even though I haven't done the update yet, and I am not running the developer preview. It just won't show up for me. Must be the living room and the computer room at my house are in different Verizon regions.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife got the update notification on her 928 and my 928 says it's up to date when I do a search even though I haven't done the update yet, and I am not running the developer preview. It just won't show up for me. Must be the living room and the computer room at my house are in different Verizon regions.

It seems people with the Dev preview seem to have the update.... I installed GDR3 as well and I have been checking every day and no updates (same versions of OS/Firmware as posted above)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to clarify that I am not on the dev preview and still can't find it when I check. So far everyone else that can't get it seems to be running the preview. I can't be the only one without the preview who can't find the update can I?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to clarify that I am not on the dev preview and still can't find it when I check. So far everyone else that can't get it seems to be running the preview. I can't be the only one without the preview who can't find the update can I?

My friend's 928 also doesn't have the developer preview and also can't see the update. You're not alone!

tonbonz

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
If the Black update is imminent they may have decided (Nokia to Verizon...WTF??? Just put it in THERE!!!:eck:) they could just include the firmware as part of the update package...:winktongue:

kapatter

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes, my phone upgraded last night. Now all my "3rd" party apps are dead. I can uninstall and install and they work. Any body have another solution?:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss