02-01-2014 09:32 AM
27 12
tools
    I didn't say that if dropped the naked ones survive more than the cased ones. I did state that in my observations as a corporate administrator of phones, cased phones appear to receive more abuse than naked phones. As to why - I specifically drew no conclusions. Nothing more, nothing less than my personal observation.
    As a family administrr of 6-7 phones i have observed that cased phones seem to cause me to help pay fewer deductibles than naked phones. I draw the conclusion that cased phones hold up better than neked fones, my personal obs. Congrats on your employment, wish i had a gig like that, i have to do my phone stuff for free.
    01-31-2014 03:06 PM
    I squarely, and almost totally, blame Verizon. Whether they asked for the design to be more square with edge to edge glass, or Nokia showed them several reference designs (I suspect the first) they made the decision to have this differentiated design. Which is obviously more fragile when dropped on its corner.

Two of my corners are cracked from drops, fortunately neither of them went across the entire surface. And for this I blame Verizon!haha. I can see that the 929 has the same sort of design which leads me even more to believe it's VZW's fault. It's a shame that lots of us are stuck with VZW and can't get the best versions of our favorite phones.
    02-01-2014 09:32 AM
27 12