Buying new car stereo to listen to my music.

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys,
My current car stereo will only do Radio and CD's. I have no problem with CD's except for the huge amount of room it takes for having a large collection. Anyways I would like to be able to connect my phone to my stereo and control my music from my head unit. For one it's safer and quicker. Will any stereo work?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MEXBT400...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU2336214
This is the one I have. I got it a little over a year ago and it's worked great. There were a few comparable models from different manufacturers I looked at and if I remember I chose this one because it was a little bit higher wattage. In any case, you probably can't go wrong with anything in the $120-160 range (that one is 130, I think it was more like 160 when I got). Just make sure it has Bluetooth built-in. There are some cheaper ones that are labeled "Bluetooth ready" that you have to get an extra adapter for.

Zahid

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading about the Sony MEX line and it looks good. I'm wondering how well it works with WP. Like everything else, it has strong support for iOS and Android. But with WP: is there an app? (I'm guessing not). And how well does it control the phone from the unit? Can I pause, skip tracks, etc?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I would look at a model that allows for Line-In (aka Aux port) as well. Bluetooth works, but can have issues, sound quality issues also.
Line-In from the headphone jack on the phone will also allow you to use the EQ on the phone and Dolby.
My phone sounds fantastic on the stock stereo in my car using the Phone EQ etc. with Line-In (aka Aux port)
And it doubles as Hands free and works great that way too. Just like it does over head phones.
Don't rule out this option.

I do not know if you would be able to pause, skip tracks, etc using Line-In though.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Make a decision how most effective using your phone will be. Aux or Bluetooth. You can't use the equalizer through by, and sometimes some units don't work correctly with wps.

I'd look at some Sony models and Soundstream.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much anything you buy will have a line in. The problem with that is you loose the ability to control it from the head unit. I think most only support ios over USB so Bluetooth is your best option all around.

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
First off so many thanks to everyone that posted a reply. Now I am trying to decide if I want to run it with a cable or via Bluetooth?

What is the best quality I can get out of Bluetooth for my audio? I think this is the ONLY negative about Bluetooth.

Christian Sosa

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!!! I bought a JVC KW-R910BT. It's a Bluetooth head unit. It works very well with my Lumia 822 & 928.

It's easy to answer calls, while in Bluetooth mode if I am using Pandora I can skip, thumbs up, or thumbs down from the unit. The colors are easily customizable but I dimmed them and made them not be so damn flashy. It works well, I haven't tried commands/cortana through the front unit yet.

Vitte

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!!! I bought a JVC KW-R910BT. It's a Bluetooth head unit. It works very well with my Lumia 822 & 928.

It's easy to answer calls, while in Bluetooth mode if I am using Pandora I can skip, thumbs up, or thumbs down from the unit. The colors are easily customizable but I dimmed them and made them not be so damn flashy. It works well, I haven't tried commands/cortana through the front unit yet.

Wait... you can thumbs up and thumbs down from the JVC unit?!

Sounds good; a Keenwood receiver I'm looking at doesn't have a front AUX port, besides, I feel like it would be nicer to use my steering wheel controls to skip (Pandora, Spotify, Podcast Critter...).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross