Lumia Black Is Out For 928...Downloading Now!

jibgilmon

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It's been two hours since starting the update, I already had Update 3, and I'm still on the rotating gears (no status bar). Anyone else experience this?

tpesa

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Working good. Pretty much the same as the dev gdr3 I've been running, except for the glance notifications and color choice. Still looking around for all the small changes.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed.

MS update 8.0.10492.116
MS Update 8.0.10517.150
Nokia update for windows phone
MS update 8.0.1.512.142
MS update 8.0.105.0.127

this is what I got
9ugyzada.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Confirmed.

MS update 8.0.10492.116
MS Update 8.0.10517.150
Nokia update for windows phone
MS update 8.0.1.512.142
MS update 8.0.105.0.127

I saw a notice on my phone this morning about 4 windows & 1 Nokia updates ready to load (I'm sure that it looked something like the above). So, I said install and waited. My issue now is that whenever I click on Settings/Extras + Info, the screen rolls over but goes back to the main Settings page. I cannot see what software version I am running. I have done a hard reset but with no luck. Thoughts?

Last edited:

bman212121

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
jucylf.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the updates

EDIT: Apparently the resolution is bigger than what I thought it was lol... Makes it easier to read I guess!

After clicking install I got the gears and a progress bar. Once the progress bar was all the way done the phone rebooted. It came back up to the lock screen and once I unlocked it there is a window saying almost done at the top. Migrating your data (Step 3 of 6) and another progress bar.

After that is says Your update is all done! Click done and after about 10 second it says a restart is required a force rebooted my phone before I even clicked the button. Once it reboots a 2nd time and you sign back it, there is a red notification at the top saying welcome to lumia black!

@Deadwrong03: I don't see that OS version but I have the OS Version: 8.0.10517.150 being displayed. All of the others match though. Found the screenshot, just didn't update the new images right away on my pc.

9hm59e.jpg

Last edited:

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
http://i58.tinypic.com/jucylf.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the updates

EDIT: Apparently the resolution is bigger than what I thought it was lol... Makes it easier to read I guess!

After clicking install I got the gears and a progress bar. Once the progress bar was all the way done the phone rebooted. It came back up to the lock screen and once I unlocked it there is a window saying almost done at the top. Migrating your data (Step 3 of 6) and another progress bar.

After that is says Your update is all done! Click done and after about 10 second it says a restart is required a force rebooted my phone before I even clicked the button. Once it reboots a 2nd time and you sign back it, there is a red notification at the top saying welcome to lumia black!

@Deadwrong03: I don't see that OS version but I have the OS Version: 8.0.10517.150 being displayed. All of the others match though. Found the screenshot, just didn't update the new images right away on my pc.

http://i59.tinypic.com/9hm59e.jpg

wonder why we have different versions. I went from the developer preview to the one I posted

bman212121

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
wonder why we have different versions. I went from the developer preview to the one I posted

That might be the difference. I didn't have a dev preview installed. My phone is completely stock. I tried updating again and it doesn't say there are any more updates.

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Started downloading and hour ago. Quick download and install....but these gears are going on 45 minutes now. Any suggestions?

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Charge your phone first!! Downloaded and plugged my 928 in (it was down to 20% battery). Interestingly the Update Status is "Attention required You need to charge your phone to continue with the update. The update will continue once the battery has enough power." Sigh. Even though it's plugged in. Deferred gratification is the order of the day. :eck:

agazza

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Does your wireless access point work? i live in sweden and im not using verizon, but this worked in gdr3 developers edition, but not after lumia black, i cant start it becouse it ruins the settings menu, i need to do a restart do go back to settings menu

geebabypablo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey my phone is doing this now for the 8.1 update. Did you ever figure out how to resolve being stuck in the "You need to charge your phone" status?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss