Can't Receive MMS on AIO

shady195

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys so I've been having a bit of an issue and I'm not sure where the problem actually lays.

I use AIO wireless and decided to give WP8 another shot. I have my 928 from verizon

I inputted all of my APN settings

Internet works
SMS Works
Sending an MMS works
Recieving an MMS does not

Whenever I get an MMS it says Get media content now it then fails with an HTTP ERROR CODE 500..

From my understand MMS uses the same address/proxy for both send and receive.. anyone have any idea?

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
It may not support it. I have H2O wireless as a carrier and can't receive MMS messages. I can send them just fine.

The month that I was on Net10 AT&T Sim, confirmed that everything worked. MMS, SMS, H/H+/3G

I just can't use Net10 and safely port my existing number long story and has nothing to do with your topic.

I spent one weekend really trying every possible APN combination MMSC and proxy and same results, couldn't receive MMS. If I did receive MMS, it came from UNKNOWN Message not found.

Service works on T-Mobile MMS, Internet, (SMS can only send messages in 2G). But you need to keep it on EDGE for full compatibility.

NET10 APN
Name net10
APN tfdata
MMSC http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port 80

These settings worked on my Lumia 928. But it was an AT&T sim, different MVNO like H2O just didn't work. I'm thinking AIO doesn't work either. But you need to play with settings and also helps if you install ACCESS POINT.

AOI Settings:
APN: ndo
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: Not Set
MMSC: http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Proxy: proxy.aiowireless.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150

shady195

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I spent 2 days, probably 10 hours total trying differnt combinations of things from various other threads for even differnt phones and never got it to work. I flipped the phone and bought a 920 to use and it works flawlessly without even entering in any APN settings :)

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Yea I've been helping a friend with a Lumia 822 and she is in the same situation. No amount of changing settings has worked for me with her yet.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I have an att 1520 that I use on aio and have been having an issue with text messages.
today I received 2 clusters of 5-9 texts messages from earlier this week that I totally missed.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I found out the problem was imessage. I swap between my iPhone and WP and have had text issues for a long time.
I finally found out that the only way to shut off imessage is to reset my icloud password. Finally I won't get random texts sent to my MacBook when it should be sent to my phone.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Alright! I've figured it out. I used my aio lumia620 to find out the correct settings. I was having issues with my ATT Nokia Lumia 1520 that I use on AIO wireless.
First step is to make sure to uninstall network+ if you have it already. If you need to uninstall, change the date/time manually to something like 3/31/2130. Then go back to network+ in settings and it will ask you to uninstall because it is expired. After you're done turn the date+time to set automatically.
I didn't change anything under cellular settings. I used the "access point" settings and added AIO with the following settings.
Then follow the following pictures I took.

Attachments

• accesspointsettings.jpg
    accesspointsettings.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Cellularsettings.jpg
    Cellularsettings.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 21

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Alright! I've figured it out. I used my aio lumia620 to find out the correct settings. I was having issues with my ATT Nokia Lumia 1520 that I use on AIO wireless.
First step is to make sure to uninstall network+ if you have it already. If you need to uninstall, change the date/time manually to something like 3/31/2130. Then go back to network+ in settings and it will ask you to uninstall because it is expired. After you're done turn the date+time to set automatically.
I didn't change anything under cellular settings. I used the "access point" settings and added AIO with the following settings.
Then follow the following pictures I took.
What following settings? I don't see anything in your post. I'm not sure if you using a Lumia 1520 (assuming ATT branded) makes a difference compared to using a Verizon branded 822, but I'll give it a shot if you can post the settings you used.

iI have the phone able to send MMS but cannot receive MMS. This is quite frustrating.
Jason

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out, at least on my 1020.

I am using WP8.1.

First uninstall access point using the method shown here: How to uninstall any OEM app on Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 | Windows Phone Central

Then in settings->cellular+sim go down to sim settings. Click edit Internet APN, and enter the following:

Leave everything else blank. Tap save. Then go into edit MMS APN and enter the following:

WAP Gateway (URL): proxy.aiowireless.net
WAP Gateway Port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.aiowireless.net
MMS Port: 80

Leave everything else blank and tap save. MMS should be working now sending and receiving.

Wouldn't work for me with access point installed, but it did this way.

myrandex

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
Ok cool and you can send and receive MMS properly like that?

I still kind of feel that the key is to have an ATT branded phone.

Jason

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Glenn Roe

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much. Aio support had no clue. They told me to do a factory reset. I was not willing to waste another day restoring so I used your settings on my 920 and it works. Thanks again.:smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills