I love Windows Phone and take it upon myself to promote it whenever I can. There is one issue that has plagued me since my Trophy and has now become an issue with my 928. At random times the tiles just stop working. I have tried all the tricks from the forums. Usually I uninstall an app from the background task list and everything starts working again. Last week I had to uninstall 4 apps one day and 2 another day before everything started working again. I only have 6 active background tasks and a short list of blocked. Today again I had to uninstall 2 more hoping for the best. I am at a point now where I am uninstalling apps that I use frequently. I don't know why this happens but Microsoft needs to fix it. It is mentioned on every WP forum so they know about it. It is really starting to drive me crazy. Sorry, just needed to vent!
    02-26-2014 11:43 AM
    The tiles that stop working - are those by any chance for apps that you haven't opened in approximately 15 days? The background agent is stopped for apps that haven't been accessed for 14 or 15 days. Call it a drawback or a plus point, this is real.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-26-2014 12:59 PM
    Nope, apps that I open every day... Store, amazing weather, simple calendar etc
    02-26-2014 02:08 PM
    Nope, apps that I open every day... Store, amazing weather, simple calendar etc
    I actually switched from Bing Weather to Amazing Weather after Bing Weather's live tile started hiccupping and not updating late last summer/early fall.
    Then suddenly, after a few months of perfect performance, Amazing Weather app's Live tile started choking, and even if I uninstalled it and reinstalled, it would choke out quickly.
    Meanwhile, Bing updated their weather app before Black rolled out and because I couldn't get Amazing Weather's tile to start-up I switched back to Bing Weather.
    Since I re-switched, I don't have a problem with Bing Weather updating.

Just trying to pass along my experience with Amazing Weather and Bing and my search for a nice Live Tile supported Weather app without all the damn advertisements within.
    02-26-2014 11:19 PM
    I think the only time I've had a problem, with 2 Trophies, my 928 and now a 520 as well, is after the Black update -- I ended up unpinning a couple tiles, restarting the phone, and repinning. I run very little in the background though -- Amazing Weather HD, Battery Sense, Flashlight, Metrotalk (not for long), jiTalk (not any more). (Google, you suck)
    02-27-2014 08:25 AM
    And holy heck is Facebook (and the beta) a battery eating clown of an app. Everytime it gets to running in the background I wonder for a few days if my 928 battery had suddenly died. Then u check background tasks and swear.
    02-27-2014 08:27 AM
    For the longest time (like 2-3 months) my live tiles didn't work. I tried everything except hard resetting. Then one day I changed my settings for peak and double tap to wake and they started working again. They still worked when I changed them back.
    02-27-2014 11:58 AM