Just added my old 928 to Straight talk for my mother in-law. I let her have it & got her off her Straight Talk Android phone after I got the Icon. Everything works great thanks to the setting from the 822 Straight Talk thread using the AT&T sim card. The phone gets HSPA & 3G speeds. She absolutely loves the phone and the Poetic Atmosphere case.
    jleebiker likes this.
    03-09-2014 06:12 PM
    Glad she likes it! It really is a great phone. Hope you like the Icon!
    03-10-2014 12:06 PM
    Yup, works with Net10 also, with AT&T Sim. I'm using the 928 as my spare phone. I can make the jump from Android but waiting until 8.1 comes out. Go figure
    03-10-2014 02:41 PM
    good to know :) got my son an HTC 8x for use on straighttalk, and while it is a nice phone I accidentally got a 8GB version... so I have been looking in to the 928 for him hoping to catch one cheap. I'm also looking at a 1020 for my fiancee since she is a picture freak (I'm on an Icon work has verizon)
    03-11-2014 09:29 PM
    Glad she likes it! It really is a great phone. Hope you like the Icon!
    Thanks, she's loving it. Getting straight into using office, onenote & onedrive to sync & access documents when out. Super, super excited that I loaded a bible app for her. She liked that more than anything else.
    03-11-2014 09:42 PM
    Which Bible app are you using - I've got several for different reasons. Would be nice to consolidate all that I like into one.
    Cross-Connect - plays audio while you read
    Bible Pronto - checking it out
    Bible Reader - UI makes it easy to move around the Bible quickly
    Bible On The Go - sharing verses to social media
    Some of these may have features that overlap due to updates that I haven't noticed.
    03-13-2014 11:01 AM
    Which Bible app are you using - I've got several for different reasons. Would be nice to consolidate all that I like into one.
    Cross-Connect - plays audio while you read
    Bible Pronto - checking it out
    Bible Reader - UI makes it easy to move around the Bible quickly
    Bible On The Go - sharing verses to social media
    Some of these may have features that overlap due to updates that I haven't noticed.
    Hopmedic, have you tried this one? Bible | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) Youversion plans are the main reason I use it. I still haven't found one that has good design and updates a live tile with a verse of the day on it. My ideal app would have that live tile on it and would use the biblegateway.com framework.
    03-13-2014 02:20 PM
    I don't have that one on my phone, but it is one of the ones I have on my PC (SP2). I think I've got about five different Bible apps on the PC. I like the plans in YouVersion, and one of the things I like is that it will play audio. I like to listen to the audio while reading when I'm just reading (not really studying) - it helps keep me from getting distracted. Before they started making apps that played the audio, I read while playing from Bible on CD.
    03-13-2014 05:56 PM
    Hopmedic, have you tried this one? Bible | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom) Youversion plans are the main reason I use it. I still haven't found one that has good design and updates a live tile with a verse of the day on it. My ideal app would have that live tile on it and would use the biblegateway.com framework.
    Bible by Lifechurch.tv
    03-13-2014 09:52 PM
    That's the one I installed, she loves it.
    03-13-2014 09:53 PM