Nokia Purity Earbuds Microphone

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
A while back, I bought a pair of Nokia Purity Earbuds (WH-920) for my Lumia 928. The microphone has never worked for calls, and I find that ridiculous, considering both products are Nokias. Thinking that it was just a dead microphone, I tested it with my girlfriend's iPhone 5 and my old Galaxy Nexus, and it worked with both of them.

Has anyone else had issues with headset microphones and the 928?

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I use the Nokia WH-208 headset ($3.99 on ebay). Haven't had any issues with them. The WH-208 is supposed to be in the box but Verizon does not include them with the Lumia 928.

What?s in the box (Nokia Lumia 928 - Specifications - Nokia - USA)
. Box .Sales Package: Nokia Lumia 928, Nokia AC-50U MicroUSB Charger, Nokia Battery BV-4NW 2000 mAh, Nokia Charging and Data Cable (CA-190CD), Nokia Headset WH-208, Printed material, SIM Door Key.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I think I found the issue. It's not that it doesn't work, it's just that the microphone sensitivity is extremely low. If I record my speaking voice from OneNote, I hear nothing when I play it back. But if I thump it, I hear a faint tapping noise when I play it back.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, as I said, it works fine with my girlfriend's iPhone 5, and it works with the Xbox One through the headset adapter.

I don't normally talk on the phone with the headset. It just so happened that I needed to this past weekend to take an early morning conference call without waking up people in the house with the speaker phone.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's strange, because I had no trouble with this headphone on my 920. I don't normally use it for calls either, but I was listening to music last night, and someone called me. I was able to take the call, and they sounded good. They didn't complain how I sounded, so they must have heard me fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon