A Lemon of Luck with the Lumia 928

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Last May like many VZW users I was glad to finally be able to upgrade my aging HTC trophy to a flagship Lumia 928. Unfortunately in the last 10 months I have had issue after issue with my phone. First the phones ear speaker stopped working, after a Verizon warranty replacement (one of their "like new" refurbs), then the camera didn't engage correctly, another replacement. Fast toward to now and I've been through 6 different replacements in just about under a year.

Now I'm extremely worried as my current phones speakerphone and display are acting up (never dropped, and in a case 24/7) and my warranty is rapidly running out. I still have a year left on my contract and am concerned about being stuck with (yet another) lemon for the next year. I rely on my phone daily and can't be without it for more than a day or so, but this is getting ridiculous.

I love the 928 and WP in general, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for how to approach Nokia or Verizon regarding my phone. It seems like these "like new" warranty replacements are just me getting someone else's problems. I'm at wits end, any suggestions?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can. I just bought a lumia 625 @ $200.00, outright which is pretty cheap, to finish my contract.
from my carrier

Mifter

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just finished tweeting Nokia, and they said that I would have to send it in for a warranty check up. Unfortunately, I need my phone daily and cannot be without it (which is why I had to use Verizon's warranty crap where they send you a like new refurb as a replacement) so I'm not sure what I'm going to do as my phone is not working fully, but I do not have another phone to use for the two weeks it would take for Nokia. I'm honestly really disappointed in Nokia. I've been with them and WP from the start, and now I seem to be continually having issues and they are saying that unless I can be without my phone for a few weeks that their is nothing they can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro