Need help seeting up an exchange account

Andrew del Valle

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got my wife the 928 and am hitting walls trying to set up her exchange. I looked around for all the steps and followed them but it wont work. Anybody have any advice?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
On corporate exchanges usually the user name is not her email address.

Do you have the domain

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
If you are using Office 365, your server is outlook.office365.com Your login is you whole email address. If you have a corporate exchange server, you will need to get the settings from one of your IT people or find someone else that has it set up in their phone and copy the settings. And I'm assuming you already tried going to accounts and just putting in your email address and password for an exchange account. If it's set up correctly on the back end with auto discovery, that's all you should have to do. If you did that and it went to advance settings, then you will need to look at someone else's phone.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
If you are using Office 365, your server is outlook.office365.com Your login is you whole email address. If you have a corporate exchange server, you will need to get the settings from one of your IT people or find someone else that has it set up in their phone and copy the settings. And I'm assuming you already tried going to accounts and just putting in your email address and password for an exchange account. If it's set up correctly on the back end with auto discovery, that's all you should have to do. If you did that and it went to advance settings, then you will need to look at someone else's phone.

This is not 100% true. We use office 365 and my server is the url address where we check our email from an internet explorer.(IE,FF chrome...etc) so the server i use is (mycompany is an example) mail.mycompany.com
My domain is: companyname (could be different depending on how it is set up)
Username: completely different from email address.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro