WP8.1 thread specific for 928 owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
installing second update right now. I heard there's 3 updates?

EDIT: looks like there's only two updates. Mine is almost done. My friend's Metro PCS Lumia Phone is already done updating and we started at the same time

Last edited:

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
well i have Cortana but only have 2 rows of tiles still. My friends phone doesn't look like it updated anything. LOL

EDIT: found it in Start + theme. click the bar that says show more tiles.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Took about 2 hours all total to update. I started on WiFi then had to use cell network.

So far, looks good. It connected to my laptop's BT connection seamlessly which is an improvement from before. I used to have to manually connect it. That's HUGE for me.

Syncing all my email settings, app settings and whatnot. Looks like a mixed bag of some apps that remembered settings and some that need to have them reset.

Bottom line, so far, NO ISSUES.

qwank

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
No issues here so far, although I'm not a huge app user besides Facebook and photobucket. it seems to operate more smoothly too. the notification center is awesome though. nothing lights up though when the phone is off and I get a notification.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the changed the screenshot combo. You now have to use Power and Vol+. When I do that, it just turns the screen off.

OS=8.10.12359.845

Gooser711

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyone see Battery Sense? I only have Battery Saver in my list of Apps. I do have Storage Sense and Wifi Sense, just not Battery Sense (at least I haven't found it yet)

Edit: It appears that Battery Saver has the same info that Battery Sense would have had. Shame because I was hoping for a Pinned Tile that showed the Battery life remaining. At least swiping down to open up the action center gives the battery percent at the top.

Now if they could only fix the default Music app to not Update my cloud collection on every single opening of the app. Hopefully it eventually gets cached somewhere.

Last edited:

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wow the phone has three Big Rows just like the Lumia Icon. Only reason I coveted the Icon is for the number of Blocks added. WP8=2, WP8.1=3

Now I really have no reason to get an Icon. How exciting. I finally will leave behind my Nexus 5.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmm...

All my existing Gmail accounts came over just fine. Under Email settings for each of them, under Download new email, I have the option for "as items arrive"

I added a BRAND NEW gmail account that I JUST created this morning. After adding it, under Download new email, I do NOT have the option for "as items arrive".

It says it's a Gmail account and added it just fine. Anyone else seen this and knows why I can't set a NEW Gmail account to "as items arrive"? Is it because the phone hasn't had the account long enough to know that is an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo