Headphone jack starting to go?

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My 928 is less than a year old (for me, purchased in mid-June from Verizon). I am now starting to see my headphone jack act as though there is nothing plugged in, after inserting my headphone plug, and hearing my podcast play out of the speaker on the phone. Unplugging and reinserting a time or two seems to correct the issue. My wife recently broke here screen and even with Verizon's insurance, she had to pay $100 for a refurbished phone. We only paid $50 each when we 1st bought them!

From what I have read, this seems to be somewhat common. I haven't been rough on the phone, or done anything beyond normal day-to-day use.

What option(s) do I have? What is the BEST approach?

Thanks in advance.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You're still under the OEM warranty until the one-year mark, so act fast. First thing is (assuming you've tried everything short of this), do a factory reset. If the problem still exists after a hard reset, you've done all you can do to prove that it is a hardware problem, and a replacement is due. If you go to Verizon, make sure that they do not charge you the $100 deductible for their insurance, since this is a warranty-covered issue (which is why I tell you to act before the one-year point). You can also go to Nokia for warranty service. I don't know Verizon's process, but with Nokia, they'll want you to send the phone off, and you'll be without for a while. Arguing the point hard enough and to the right people, you may be able to get them to ship a phone and then ship yours in. I did this, but not all are successful, to my understanding.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I went through the process with Verizon with my 928. I can't promise the same experience, but they shipped me a refurbished phone and a shipping label. Refurb and label come in about a week. I take refurb and package the defective phone in that same box and place the new shipping label on it. I then drop the package off at my local USPS, they give you one week to send it.

To initiate the process I just called their support line and they walk you through a very fun hour long troubleshooting session. At the end of the session they will ship it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo