I HATE having to basically unlock my phone twice

the whole jay

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Nokia Lumia 928, and it is my first smartphone. I love it, i really do, but i really hate having to unlock the phone and THEN still have to slide the glance screen up before I can do anything. There is no information on it or anything I need to know. the time and messages are on the lock screen, so what is the point of the second screen? This is keeping me up at night.

I haven't been able to figure out a way to turn it off, and I have scoured the internets.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
What do u mean? Glance screen doesn't add any extra step when u need to unlock the lock screen. And u can display all information from lock screen on glance screen too.
If u really don't like it u can turn it of from Glance settings.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
What do u mean? Glance screen doesn't add any extra step when u need to unlock the lock screen. And u can display all information from lock screen on glance screen too.
If u really don't like it u can turn it of from Glance settings.

Of course it does, the Glance screen doesn't magically go away without going past it to the lock screen.

This is what the OP is talking about, he wants the Glance screen but the ability to disable the somewhat redundant Lock-Screen if one uses Glance, and go straight to the Home Screen.

It would be a nice option at least for those that want that.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Of course it does, the Glance screen doesn't magically go away without going past it to the lock screen.

This is what the OP is talking about, he wants the Glance screen but the ability to disable the somewhat redundant Lock-Screen if one uses Glance, and go straight to the Home Screen.

It would be a nice option at least for those that want that.

I can understand the redundancy of info, but the steps it actually takes to unlock a phone is the same on any phone, no matter the OS. Just cut glance off, and you will still do the same steps.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
If you don't like it, turn it off. Where is the problem? Some people like it (I don't) and use it. Its just another way to keep the screen always on to see information, basically.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I can understand the redundancy of info, but the steps it actually takes to unlock a phone is the same on any phone, no matter the OS. Just cut glance off, and you will still do the same steps.

The point would be to cut out the Lock-Screen step entirely and keep Glance, so as to Double-Tap straight to the Start Screen.

The OP seems to be a little confused as to which is which in his wording, but i'm assuming this is what he meant. Pretty sure he would have found how to turn Glance off fairly easily.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You aren't serious guys are you? How hard it is to swipe up, clearly it doesn't take too long and waste your fingers energy:) I love my glance screen and lock screen. And I LOVE MY 928

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the lock screen can be unnecessary. Just double tapping the sleep screen to go right to the Start screen would be nice.
But then the phone would unlock itself in the pocket. It has super tap-to-wake and sensitive touchscreen, and if you're just a little sweaty in your pocket, you turn the phone on accidentally. If there's no lock screen, you could accidentally move all the tiles on the start and do other unwanted things with the phone.

And you don't swipe glance screen anywhere, you unlock your phone the same way whether or not glance screen is set. I guess if you want to skip lock screen, go to microsoft suggestions and write it down.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I actually never thought of getting rid of the lock screen before, but that would be nice if we could. Just double tap, if we have a password, that screen will already be shown, enter the password, then bam. Even if you don't have a password, just double-tap and you're on your home screen (or where ever you left off). I like the suggestion actually.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I personally don't like the lock screen either. I would rather my screen lock automatically then just hit the side button and goto the home screen. It's kind of annoying if your screen times out and you have to push the lock button then slide the lock screen up everytime. I think we should be given that choice to turn it on. It's like having a PW screen saver on your DT... annoying when you don't need it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion