Flash back to 8 before upgrading with Edge?

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a 928 running 8.1 and I just found out Verizon is running a special where I can switch to an Edge plan before my contract is up and I've been thinking of taking them up on that to get an Icon. If I were to do that however I'd have to trade the 928 in "in working condition". It's in working condition but I'm wondering if the fact that it's running the dev preview would screw things up with my eligibility. I feel like it's likely they won't even notice (especially at my store, they're usually completely dense) but on the chance they do, do you think it would be a good idea to flash it back to 8 beforehand? I'm going to have to factory reset it anyway, but that I can do in the store while reflashing I'd have to do at home.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you upgrade to icon you will miss glance and double tap to unlock but icon is a beat phone :wink:
Factory reset will not remove windows phone 8.1 update. If you want to downgrade to windows phone 8 , backup all your important data from your phone. Download Nokia recovery tool , connect your phone , it will start downloading windows phone 8 image (1GB+) , then you can visit veriIon store without any problems , I am not sure if windows phone 8.1 dev preview will void your warranty or have any issues with Verizon support (I am from Asia ).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett