Every once in a while my touch screen will stop working, so I do the usual procedure and hold the volume down button and power button at the same time until my phone restarts. Sometimes after is restart it, the screen continues to not work. This has happened 3 times now, is currently not working, and hasn't been for about 2 hours. Is there anything I should try doing to fix it instead of bringing it into the store to be looked at?
    05-11-2014 06:54 PM
    Mine does that as well but not for 2 hrs. The bottom lights are on but the screen seams dead. I do the restart too and it comes on.
    05-11-2014 07:00 PM
    I used to have that problem last year,after few moth I got it (right after it became available). It used to freeze few times every week. But since Nov-Dec it stopped by it self, and it never froze again.. Maybe hard reset will fix it, did you try that? (I didn't hard reset)
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    05-11-2014 07:07 PM
    I used to have that problem last year,after few moth I got it (right after it became available). It used to freeze few times every week. But since Nov-Dec it stopped by it self, and it never froze again.. Maybe hard reset will fix it, did you try that? (I didn't hard reset)
    Do you know what the difference between soft and hard reset is?
    05-11-2014 07:13 PM
    Of course I do. Soft -basically rebooting your phone. Hard -deleting everything you have on your phone. Sometimes fixes errors. But I suggest you backup your apps, settings (settings/backup)
    05-11-2014 09:53 PM
    I had the same problem with my first one. Got a replacement and is hasn't happened since then. Probably a bad phone. I was able to get a new one because it was within the 2 weeks that i got it, however you may have to get a certified used one
    05-15-2014 04:51 PM
    I had this problem when I first got my 928 and discovered using any and ALL "Beta" versions of software were causing the issue.
    If you have "BETA" versions of software including Instagram BETA etc, uninstall that version and the problem will go away.
    I'm currently running WP8.1 developers preview and the problem completely does not exist on that platform.
    05-16-2014 09:43 PM
    My wife's 928 was doing it all the time. Got it replaced by Verizon (warranty and insurance). It hasn't done it since.
    05-28-2014 01:37 PM
    Since I had the 920 from att and 928 from Verizon, I've had to replace my phone multiple time for different issues. The only phone I had through the 2 year contract without having to replace was my Samsung focus WP.
    05-30-2014 10:51 AM
    Mine just started doing this the other day. It is completely frozen. Neither soft, nor hard resets work. I also tried downloading the Microsoft app that tries to fix the problem. Nothing worked. Unfortunately it is 4 months out of warranty. It is a pity. I loved it. Now I guess it is over to apple. And along with that, changing all my products to apple - not because I love apple - but merely for compatibility's sake. I honestly prefer a Windows environment, but with their crappy phone and service, I'm afraid I will have to change.
    04-02-2015 03:15 PM
    I wonder if replacing the screen/digitizer would fix it.
    04-05-2015 03:33 PM
    I had this problem when I first got my 928 and discovered using any and ALL "Beta" versions of software were causing the issue.
    If you have "BETA" versions of software including Instagram BETA etc, uninstall that version and the problem will go away.
    I'm currently running WP8.1 developers preview and the problem completely does not exist on that platform.
    This is exactly the problem. I was ready to smash this phone to the ground after constantly freezing and freezing nonstop. I started uninstalling apps and yes after removing beta software, all problems were gone. I started trusting this device again. And I always thought it was hardware issues.
    04-08-2015 02:06 AM
    I figured out I can get my touchscreen working again if I start my camera (using the camera button) then press the windows/start button. Saves a little time not having to restart the phone.
    Jeffrey Fox likes this.
    04-09-2015 11:54 PM
    I figured out I can get my touchscreen working again if I start my camera (using the camera button) then press the windows/start button. Saves a little time not having to restart the phone.
    Came in here to mention this same solution. I can add that the problem seemed to occur when the phone would unlock in my pocket and open a crapload of apps, and keep Cortana open (by holding down the search button). An overload of touch input basically is what was doing it to me.

If you run into the touch screen problem but notice the capacitive buttons still seem to respond, try the camera trick.
    muneshyne21 likes this.
    04-18-2015 10:01 PM