928 on Cricket

hydrosmith

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I just noticed that AT&T bought out Cricket. Out of curiosity I went to their website and punched in my IMEI number and it came back as compatible on their network.

So the question I have is since the L928 is a world phone and has GSM frequencies and Cricket is still switching over from Sprint cdma is my phone compatibility based from gsm or cdma? Will I get LTE?

Cutting my phone bill in half would be great and AT&T coverage is great in my area and outstanding at work.

( I have a L928 if wasn't obvious from my post.)

Gawain

May 18, 2011
Visit site
You won't get LTE, and based on what I understand, going forward all new subs on Cricket will be activated on AT&T's network. Someone can correct me, but I believe the Lumia 928 is unlocked out of the box.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
All windows phones must be sold as "world phones" aka unlocked. That's something microsoft dictated if I remember correctly. You will not get LTE on ATT network. You will, however, get HSPA+ speeds. Which are arguably just as fast as Verizon's LTE in some markets. I can be wrong though.

Ltauhmise

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
You have to check the hardware sheet to see which bands Tmobile's LTE is on. I THINK it's 700mhz, just like Verizon. But I don't have the energy to check.

You are guarenteed GSM EDGE speeds, and you will also definitely get 3G (HSPA) speeds if I am not mistaken. You need to do some research though. I would ask on the tmobile carrier forums, or visit a local tmobile store~ they MIGHT be able to help.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
No LTE on tmobile. Using my 928 since it came out and the most you (I) get is H+. Also it has problem sending SMS (and MMS -which I don't need) you will have to switch to 2G to send it (not always but like 24/25 times :) )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven