So Now The 928 Isn't Supported For XLTE?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought the 928 supported the aws and it just had to be unlocked but the 928 isn't listed for the supported phones

With Verizon XLTE expected to be announced on May 19, we have had a number of readers ask about which phones will be able to take advantage of the upgraded speeds. As you may have guessed, most of Verizon?s phones that have been released within the last year are compatible. All they need is support for Band 4 LTE, which is the AWS spectrum that Big Red is pumping into cities to create this XLTE coverage. Phones like the Galaxy S5 and S4, Moto X, DROID ULTRA and MAXX, and One (M8) are all going to be a part of the fun.

Below, you will find a solid list of the types of phones that will work with XLTE, courtesy of our sources.
Phones

Moto X
DROID ULTRA
DROID MAXX
DROID MINI
HTC One (M8)
HTC One Max
LG G2
LG Lucid 3
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Samsung Galaxy Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Samsung ATIV SE
Lumia Icon
Blackberry Q10
Blackberry Z30
iPhone 5C
iPhone 5S

Verizon XLTE Phones, Tablets, and Hotspots | Droid Life

That's not the final list but its not looking very promising

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I was thinking. Perhaps the Nokia Cyan update or a small update only for Nokia phones that have the aws hardware will get the XLTE turned on?

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The FCC approved Nokia's request for a software upgrade to enable the 928 for AWS over two years ago. If it hasn't happened by now...

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The FCC approved Nokia's request for a software upgrade to enable the 928 for AWS over two years ago. If it hasn't happened by now...
Neat trick getting something approved for a phone before it even existed. That would have had this upgrade approved months before the device ever went to FCC. Again that really is quite the impressive Nokia achievement - must have been psychic licensing.

user928

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
No. In a previous post to this thread you were optimistic that it might happen. I see you still have your fingers crossed.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
This past weekend I was at a cottage near a Lake and thought the LTE coverage would be limited. I had about 3-4 signal bars at best and with MS Network speed test app, I got 45 mgbs download speeds over celluar. Seems like XLTE was working. Probably just had a low usage area so my speeds went way uo. Normally have 20 mgbs speed in the city.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb