928 on T-Mobile - MMS and Group Messaging Issue

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been using a Verizon Nokia 928 on the T-Mobile network for a few months now, and for the most part all has been great. Recently an issue popped up in regards to receiving MMS photos (sometimes sending too) and any group messaging messages. Every time I receive an MMS or group message I receive a read-only message from "Unknown" with a message of "Oops! The media content you're looking for isn't there anymore." I am unable to view any MMS messages.

Here is some background on my phone settings:

WP 8.0 w/ Lumia Black update
Apps downloaded: Nokia Access Point and Network+ (no edits made in these apps)
SMS: Can only send on 2G
Internet Sharing: Never Worked
MMS APN name (edited in messaging settings): fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC URL (edited in messaging settings): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMSC Port (edited in messaging settings): 80
MMS Delivery Confirmation: ON
Group Text: ON
International Assist: OFF

Any insight on a fix to this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
You can't get MMS messages while on WiFi calling at all. Its been that way since the start. If youre on WiFi calling turn it off to get the MMS then turn it back on.

Wish they would make it intuitive to get MMS messages thru your cell signal, but alas dreams.

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe that I have Wi-Fi Calling enabled on my phone. I also am unable to download it from the store to then disable it.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140526_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20140526_0001.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Did you happen to upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 Dev?

I'm at a loss. Been with my 928 for months and T-Mobile SIM and never had issues with receiving MMS. And now I'm getting similar issues of OP.

I had to send my Phone to repair, had a touch screen issue. Regardless I'm extremely disappointed with this development. I swear it's been working fine for last few weeks and now of all times, no longer works.

Not even using Access Point fixed this.

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I did not upgrade my phone to WP 8.1 Dev. Still running 8.0 with Lumia Black update.

I did receive somewhat of an update from T-Mobile tech support yesterday on the issue. I called them on Wednesday and explained them the problem, but of course was told that the cause was unknown and that technicians will look into the matter. To my surprise, I received a call back from the same tech support worker (two days after the initial call) who stated the following notes to me on a voicemail:

"There is something going on with the intercarrier network for receiving MMS messages."
"T-Mobile is working with engineers from other companies that are having this problem as well."
"It is not just a T-Mobile problem, but it's actually a couple of carriers having this issue"
"It seems that Verizon is especially is having this issue so you should notice that Verizon customers are unable to send you MMS messages."
"We know what the cause is and just need the engineers on both teams to finish up their work."
"It is not a phone issue, it is a network issue."

Very interesting update, but good to hear that they are aware of the issue. I will give a call back to tech support next week to see if there is any update.

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I really hope they fix this. I took the SIM out and tested sending myself MMS messages. They worked. However when my friend who is on AT&T sent me a message, it encountered same problem, this is on Galaxy S2. Surprisingly I just stuck my SIM back to my Lumia 928 only because the GS2 ran so sluggish. I think that also explains some missing MMS messages from my brother who's on Verizon. My main driver is Nexus 5 with MetroPCS.

I think I'll ask him to send me messages just to test. I hope its not the Lumia and hell no not going back to WP8.0

Vmartinez39

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Just an update I called up T-Mobile and turns out that the fix was with provisioning. The rep deleted one of the previous devices the SIM registered to. My SIM was last registered to LG device and it was the reason why it failed.

Also for some reason I have to keep MMS Delivery Confirmation and Send MMS Acknowledgement on. Also had to set "Use Cellular Data" for Limited WiFi Connectivity.

I'm happy it works again was so so mad that it wasn't working with my Lumia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven