Phone Calls Not Full Duplex?

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I own a 1020 and my girlfriend has a 928. I recently noticed that if she was talking, she couldn't hear me. I always figured it was an issue with my microphone, but it appears to be something else.

After a few tests, we also discovered that if I am talking, then she starts talking, she will be unable to hear me and it will stop what I am saying.

This is quite annoying and I wanted to see if anyone else has been having this problem.

I'm going to play with this more after work today, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this before I start.

thelostsoul

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
It could be, I'm on ATT, she is on Verizon. I'm also thinking it could be a cross-network issue. While I haven't noticed the issue talking to anyone else, here's what I plan to test:

ATT Lumia (1020) to ATT Lumia (920)
ATT Lumia (1020) to Verizon Lumia (Icon)
ATT Lumia (1020) to Verizon Non-Lumia (need to find device)
ATT Lumia (1020) to ATT Non-Lumia (anyone else I know)
Verizon Lumia (928) to Verizon Lumia (Icon)
Verizon Lumia (928) to Verizon Non-Lumia (need to find device)

I listed these planned tests with device I have access to. I'll need to see what else I can do later today.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon calls are still using cdma even if you are in LTE coverage, so there is no reason it should not be full duplex. I believe ATT still have phones on GSM and they are not doing any IP voice on their data channels yet. Sounds odd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos