Set up problems

alienking70

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
MMkay.... I couldn't figure out where to post this so I put it under my device. I have searched the forums as well (and by the way the "similar threads" feature under the title is awesome) but found nothing to help.

I got my MSN.com account years ago and when outlook.com came along all my stuff was moved. No problem. The address and password stayed the same. I even got an Office 365 subscription using the same account. Still no problem. When I sign into my 928 using my msn.com account everything seems to sync just fine: email, documents in OneDrive, apps, contacts... all there. I found it odd the when I select Office 365 in the Office app it asks me to set it up even though all my stuff is there and when I tried to go ahead and set it up it told me that account already existed on the device. Still no worries, all my docs and pics are syncing fine.

Then I subscribed to an online calendar in outlook.com which didn't sync to the phone. I decided to add the account as outlook.com under email and accounts to see if that helped. It did. Lo and behold I even had more control over what syncs. But now I see that I have twice the contacts, which is still no problem because all the duplicates just linked on their own (they synced before I got the screen to uncheck the contact box). I cannot get rid of the MSN account on the phone (for obvious reasons as the user name and password is the same as outlook), and the situation now tasks me. While everything works fine I don't care for the clutter of multiple accounts and having to apply a filter so as not to get my actual calendar entries twice. Tried the hard reset and log in as outlook... it still just had the MSN account by default. I understand that nothing is broken but can anyone tell me how I'm setting it up wrong?

alienking70

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. That wizard helps you get down to one account, and I only have one. That's why this problem is so odd. Much as I hate to, I may have to contact Microsoft....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs