Hello WPC users! I come here to you with a question about the camera on the Lumia 928. Ever since i got the phone i updated to WP8.1 and i noticed that the photos taken with the camera always come up a bit blurrier and noisier than the picture i get as soon as the shutter activates (you know, that 1 second preview you get after taking the picture). I've searched a lot on this topic and i just can't find anything related to it and i don't know if my devices has some sort of defect or if that is just the way the photos are supposed to look. Here's an example:

pissues.jpg

Of course the bottom picture has been altered with the Nokia Creative Studio but that's just to give you guys an idea of how the photo looks on the preview and how it looks on the Camera Roll. This happens in normal-light conditions as well as in low-light but it is more evident when in low light. In normal light the pictures look less sharp and a bit unsaturated.

If you guys have any idea what the problem might be it would be awesome! But i'm feeling i'm either gonna have to find a way to downgrade to WP8 and see if anything changes or just wait for the Cyan update.
    07-07-2014 01:08 AM
    If you're planning on downgrading you'll end up erasing your phone anyway so my suggestion before you do that is to do a hard reset. Ensure you backup prior to doing this of course. Keep in mind that some app data (game or otherwise) may be lost if you cannot back it up. (check with the app supplier)

The hard reset may help in this situation.

If you decide to downgrade then you can use this: FAQ - FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Nokia - UK
    07-07-2014 03:15 AM
    I've always found that while I like the quality of the 928 photos, I <always> have to tweak them (in wp8) to meet my expectations. Just upgraded to 8.1dp and haven't taken enough photos yet to make a judgement call. I wouldn't downgrade just yet, as MS is still rolling updates to 8.1dp
    07-13-2014 06:27 PM