Recently took a fly-in fishing vaca in northwest Ontario. Didn't want to risk my Icon, and also didn't want to invest in what would essentially be a one-time use point and shoot. I did take my old Fuji S5200 P&S for its zoom capabilities, but it was definitely used sparingly.

The other bonus was the Here offline maps for rough GPS usage. Absolutely no service where we were, so having the offline maps was awesome for positional awareness. Glad I kept my 928 around, it made an awesome travel phone - and all without a case to boot.

A few photos are posted in the 928 Pics and Vid thread....
    07-21-2014 03:12 PM
    I love offline navigation on my lumia 920. I will see your pictures in the thread
    dkediger and Guytronic like this.
    07-21-2014 10:44 PM
    Recently took a fly-in fishing vaca in northwest Ontario. Didn't want to risk my Icon, and also didn't want to invest in what would essentially be a one-time use point and shoot. I did take my old Fuji S5200 P&S for its zoom capabilities, but it was definitely used sparingly.

The other bonus was the Here offline maps for rough GPS usage. Absolutely no service where we were, so having the offline maps was awesome for positional awareness. Glad I kept my 928 around, it made an awesome travel phone - and all without a case to boot.

A few photos are posted in the 928 Pics and Vid thread....
    How would you say the 928 and the icon compare with photos. Are you happy with the icon?
    07-26-2014 03:07 PM
    How would you say the 928 and the icon compare with photos. Are you happy with the icon?
    Definite win for the 928 on low light performance when you're just wanting a quick shot and not wanting to take time to adjust settings.

The 928 seemed quicker to start the camera and take a shot as well, but then I didn't have my Icon with me for a true side by side. I also am doing full res dual format capture on the Icon, which I would suspect affects start time and shot speed.

Overall, aside from the default low light performance of the Icon, I'm plenty happy with it. Video recording is far superior on the Icon.
    aximtreo likes this.
    07-26-2014 05:48 PM
    I know this is getting off topic, but how would you compare sunlight readability between the two also? Living in sunshine state, having outside readability is nice.
    07-27-2014 10:45 AM
    I think they're both about the same for outdoor/sunlight performance - both pretty good performance. I don't do a lot of reading outdoors in high sunlight, but when I do I don't have any problems. On my trip, my travel partners had an HTC One and a Blackberry Z30, and they both struggled, while the Lumia's really had no issue reviewing pics, looking at Here Maps, keeping an offline journal in OneNote to sync when I got back in cell coverage.

If anything, the 928 seems a little more vivid in bright conditions, but I definitely prefer the Icon's increased screen size. On both, Brightness and Sunlight readability are set to Auto/On.
    07-28-2014 08:54 AM