Intermittent Audio Loss During call

I am 711

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
For about a month I have been having problems with the audio dropping in and out during calls on my phone. It doesn't happen during every call, though about half. I always have good signal, and they can always hear me just fine. I have done a full reset on the phone, but that didn't help any. Speaker phone also has the same issue. I have tried turning the volume up, same thing.

I have talked to Verizon and they won't replace my phone.

Does anyone know what could be causing my phone to drop the audio for a few seconds and then regain the audio?

Thanks!

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like the SIM tray issue that some of the 928's experienced. The tray actually interferes with the headphone jack, making it think that headphones are plugged in and turning off the speakers. For kicks, try firing up Skype and starting the echo test ( a set of verbal instructions come on so you can see if the speakers work) and then pull the treaty of just to where the lip is exposed, a very small amount. It should, if you have this problem, switch from "headphones" to speakers again. That's what I had to do with my last 928 with this issue.

Give it a shot, can't hurt to try.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup what Jeffery said. I had that issue with my 928. I was in warranty at the time so Verizon replaced it.

One user fixed it this way. I never actually did the fix myself but I have taken apart the 928 and it is quite easy! Seems like this fix can be done with or without taking it apart, not exactly sure as I don't have my 928 anymore.

"There is a little copper pin at the top of the jack near the openning if this is flush against the inside wall of the jack that is the reason you are stuck in headphone mode take a needle or bobby pin (I recommend something metal) and pry the little copper pin away from the wall (not entirely out of the jack, just so it isn't flat against the inner wall) this pin is a switch that tells your phone when a headset is plugged in or not."

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett