Lumia 928 Screen Cracked, Need Help

ejwise

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone and the screen is cracked pretty bad. The screen doesn't work, but when I press the lock/unlock button the light behind the back, home, and search buttons lights up. The touch screen still works (I think) because when I touch the back, home, and search buttons, the little vibration you get from touching those buttons is still there. The only thing that isn't working is the screen. The screen won't light up when I press the lock/unlock button. What do I need to do in order to fix my phone? Also, I'm on a 2-year contract plan and I've only had my phone for a year so far FYI.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Those three buttons aren't actually part of the screen so they will still work. You could try an insurance claim if it's on your contract - that would be your best option.

Second best option is a bit more fiddly, and would require the services of a donor phone that's dead in other ways but has a working screen, and asking somebody very nicely to transplant the main board from your 928 into it.

Some would also recommend getting the screen replaced but there can be issues because of the digitizer after it's put back together - that's the part that makes the touch work. In some cases the screen lights up but touch no longer works, or works intermittently and in different places.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans