MP3 download location?

Adam Clouse

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I just got a Lumia 928 and love it, but I cannot figure out the location of an MP3 download from an email. I emailed an MP3 to myself, and it does download and play, but I want to save it and set it as a ringtone. Pictures and videos I know where they save to but not MP3 files. Anybody know? Thanks!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
MP3s should end up in the Music folder. If you have a lot of music it can be easily lost. However, you need the MP3 in the Ringtones folder with the genre set to Ringtone so you can use it as one otherwise it doesn't work.

If you're not on WP8.1 then the easiest way to do this is by plugging your phone into a computer. If you have WP8.1 then get the Files app and move things around.

nthkmf

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I and my support team find that you can open IE, access your inbox and make the mp3 file in the right place by tapping the mp3 file, an popup appears and you choose SAVE, after that, the mp3 file will be available in Music.
If you want to set it as your ringtone, open the app called "Ringtone Maker", tap to open the file in Music and select your favorite duration to set the ringtone.
Hope this help! :)

Adam Clouse

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Worked perfectly thanks, still using 8.0. Hopefully 8.1 will fix some of these minor probs. When I press on the MP3 file in my email, it doesn't give me the option of doing a save as. I'll see the download happening at the top of the screen, and it plays, but is not saved anywhere that I can find. Any advice on doing the save as?

nthkmf

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Worked perfectly thanks, still using 8.0. Hopefully 8.1 will fix some of these minor probs. When I press on the MP3 file in my email, it doesn't give me the option of doing a save as. I'll see the download happening at the top of the screen, and it plays, but is not saved anywhere that I can find. Any advice on doing the save as?

If the device has sdcard support - not in your case, you can use UC Browser to save the attach file to your sdcard and use it later, event when after resetting the OS :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6