12-13-2014 04:12 AM
151 1234 ...
tools
    Still no update for the 928. I traded in an iPhone 4s when I got my 928. If I still had that phone I would be upgrading it to iOS 8 today. Unbelievable!
    Actually, it is suggested that iphone 4s users avoid ios 8 due to performance and screen size issues
    09-17-2014 05:03 PM
    In another thread a well known and reliable Verizon employee said that Verizon agreed no other phones will get 8.1 until the HTC One (M8) for Windows is no longer exclusive to them. So the rest of us get screwed over because they think it'll help them sell more phones.
    I seriously hope you're trolling. I chatted online with them today and told them they were purposely delaying the update to push customers into buying the newer handsets. "Extensive testing" is their standard response.
    09-17-2014 05:06 PM
    In another thread a well known and reliable Verizon employee said that Verizon agreed no other phones will get 8.1 until the HTC One (M8) for Windows is no longer exclusive to them. So the rest of us get screwed over because they think it'll help them sell more phones.
    HTC One M8 for Windows will be coming to AT&T and T-Mobile too | ZDNet

If that is the case, then Verizon won't release until Christmas
    09-17-2014 06:25 PM
    Well that sucks!!!!
    09-17-2014 08:03 PM
    I'm not trolling. Tcman88 who had a lot of info about the Lumia 928 including number of units at specific stores before launch mentioned this in a thread for the Icon. He did say exclusivity should end within a month though. It may be why HTC so confidently said the 8x on Verizon won't get 8.1 til the end of October, because their deal is what's holding up all the Verizon updates. I wish I was trolling and I sincerely hope the info is wrong but tcman has generally been right in the past.
    KCandSunshine13 likes this.
    09-17-2014 08:15 PM
    He also said the exclusivity hasn't work extremely well for HTC. He said Windows Phone is pretty much defined by Lumias at Verizon and that even with this deal in place the Icon is sold out but the HTC One (M8) for Windows is collecting dust. It's kind of sad cause it's a beautiful phone but I agree that I can't really see myself without a Lumia.
    09-17-2014 08:25 PM
    I agree. I like the looks of the HTC, but I really like the build of my 928 and wireless charging. Having a dedicated camera button is a slight factor as well.
    jasqid likes this.
    09-17-2014 10:04 PM
    Do you find that your data gets used up faster? I have a 2gb plan and use it all up now after installing 8.1. My normal data usage each month was around 1gb. I am trying figure out if this is related to 8.1 or something else. I am hoping the Cyan firmware will correct this, but can't see how it is related.

Yes. I actually made a post about this a week ago. My cell data as well as my daughters 8x is using double the data before the 8.1 DP.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 10:17 PM
    I agree. I like the looks of the HTC, but I really like the build of my 928 and wireless charging. Having a dedicated camera button is a slight factor as well.

My sentiments exactly. The look of the m8 is pleasing, but the camera and qi wireless charging I prefer over its look. Now if they would just add the memory soot to the flagship lumias...

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    09-17-2014 10:25 PM
    He also said the exclusivity hasn't work extremely well for HTC. He said Windows Phone is pretty much defined by Lumias at Verizon and that even with this deal in place the Icon is sold out but the HTC One (M8) for Windows is collecting dust. It's kind of sad cause it's a beautiful phone but I agree that I can't really see myself without a Lumia.
    Verizon should take a hint from this and let the marketplace work. Update when updates are available and tested; if true this strategy serves no one (including Verizon).
    11B1P likes this.
    09-18-2014 06:51 AM
    I kinda saw that with the online pricing. The Icons had ship dates listed on the website. I had also called and talked with a rep that said she was able to order them (when they were FREE) and now she couldn't.This was about 2 weeks ago. After being on hold she advised me that during our 20 minute call the inventory went OOS. Even today the Black icon still shows a ship date about a week out. The only reason I am not pulling the trigger now is I'll wait till its free again.

The current deal... 99 bucks for the icon or 150 for the HTC... its a no brainer especially when they are so close to being the same. (Except the camera is LIGHT YEARS better than the M8... and it has Qi Charging.).

I am NOT surprised the M8 is collecting dust. And it seems to be sitting at Amazon too (for $50 bucks). I really do like the looks and aesthetics of the M8, the extra memory slot too... but the camera and Qi win my personal preference. I have a feeling many others too which is why it's not doing well. Well, right now its probably all about the price driving them.
    09-18-2014 01:18 PM
    8.1 with update 1 dev. works very well, even excellent on my 928
    KCandSunshine13 likes this.
    09-21-2014 05:12 AM
    My 928 with Black firmware runs 8.1 with update 1 perfectly. No bugs with data consuming, battery or whatsoever. I am curious to see what cyan will bring more!
    09-21-2014 05:19 AM
    Ah, the always reliable tcman. Who remembers the thread about red and cyan colored 928 handsets? Tcman first insisted they were a sure thing, but then abandoned the thread.
    09-21-2014 12:49 PM
    I know he hasn't been right 100% of the time, but he has been right about quite a few things, and it is pretty logical. I was just passing on info and rumors that came from someone with a mostly accurate record. I'm not saying we should all take it as a guiding philosophy.
    09-21-2014 03:55 PM
    Still no update for the 928. I traded in an iPhone 4s when I got my 928. If I still had that phone I would be upgrading it to iOS 8 today. Unbelievable!
    It is recommended that iphone 4/4s users *not* upgrade to ios8 due to various issues.
    09-21-2014 08:32 PM
    It is recommended that iphone 4/4s users *not* upgrade to ios8 due to various issues.
    Thanks but that is not the point. I don't even have the 4s any longer since I traded it in to get the Lumia 928. The point is that even this 3 year old phone is able to get an update yet my 1 year old Lumia still does not have an update from Verizon.
    09-22-2014 09:00 AM

Can't think of anything more ridiculous.
    09-22-2014 09:15 AM
    and to think I gave up my unlimited data to get the 928, to be screwed over again by VZ. Seriously considering another carrier when contract ends....in a year...yuck
    09-22-2014 07:28 PM
    Thanks but that is not the point. I don't even have the 4s any longer since I traded it in to get the Lumia 928. The point is that even this 3 year old phone is able to get an update yet my 1 year old Lumia still does not have an update from Verizon.
    Actually that was the point. IPhone 4s owners are recommended not to upgrade. So no, a 3yr old phone will not be getting ios8. A 3yr old iphone has reached the end of its upgrade eligibility.
    09-24-2014 01:42 AM
    Actually that was the point. IPhone 4s owners are recommended not to upgrade. So no, a 3yr old phone will not be getting ios8. A 3yr old iphone has reached the end of its upgrade eligibility.
    Recommended by who? Arstechnica says if you're going to keep the 4s, upgrading is ok for most people.. Slate wrote an article saying don't upgrade, but that was just based on their feelings, which seems lame. They actually used the Arstechnica article as their basis to not upgrade, even those Ars says upgrading is ok.
    09-24-2014 08:40 AM
    09-24-2014 09:56 AM
    09-24-2014 09:57 AM
    Still have no idea what you are talking about. My daughter updated her 4s and has not had any issue with it. Yes my daughter has a more current version of her os then I do. That is the freaking point.
    09-24-2014 03:37 PM
    Oh good grief. Are you serious? What part don't you understand? Some people with a 4/4s may experience issues if they update to ios8. Obviously it wont affect every single person, but the issue is that 4/4s phones have a screen size that is not suited to ios8.
    09-24-2014 06:49 PM
151 1234 ...