12-13-2014 04:12 AM
151 12345 ...
tools
    Oh good grief. Are you serious? What part don't you understand? Some people with a 4/4s may experience issues if they update to ios8. Obviously it wont affect every single person, but the issue is that 4/4s phones have a screen size that is not suited to ios8.
    Again...who cares? If the update give them problems then so be it. The whole point is that Verizon still hasn't issued updates for the WINDOWS PHONES! This is a WP forum right?
    KulGreenism and hawkeye4002 like this.
    09-24-2014 08:21 PM
    /ahem

Have we forgotten the original title of this thread? "When Lumia 928 Update Cyan"

Seems like the 928 has taken a very low priority in Verizon's eyes. As someone who has had the 928 since launch day, I ask "What's the big deal?" The phone has been one of the most reliable I've ever had. I even have 8.1DP. Yes, I would like Cyan because of some of the firmware upgrades, but honestly, the phone works well enough right now, even with the update that was released today, I really don't have anything to complain about.

(Of course your experience could vary, but I'm just commenting on mine.)
    09-24-2014 11:14 PM
    /ahem

Have we forgotten the original title of this thread? "When Lumia 928 Update Cyan"

Seems like the 928 has taken a very low priority in Verizon's eyes. As someone who has had the 928 since launch day, I ask "What's the big deal?" The phone has been one of the most reliable I've ever had. I even have 8.1DP. Yes, I would like Cyan because of some of the firmware upgrades, but honestly, the phone works well enough right now, even with the update that was released today, I really don't have anything to complain about.

(Of course your experience could vary, but I'm just commenting on mine.)
    Same here, I have a 928 with 8.1 DP and have never had any problems with the phone, I have a company issued ICON that just sits in a desk because we're not allowed to mess with the software (ie load 8.1 DP) so I just use my 928. I much prefer my 928 with 8.1 DP, than my Icon with 8.0.
    jleebiker likes this.
    09-25-2014 08:15 AM
    The biggest issue I've had with the DP on my 928 has been less-than great battery life so I would really appreciate Cyan presumably fixing that. This situation is just completely ridiculous. There is no reason Verizon should be allowed to take their sweet time like this. I don't understand it at all.
    09-25-2014 10:40 AM
    The biggest issue I've had with the DP on my 928 has been less-than great battery life so I would really appreciate Cyan presumably fixing that. This situation is just completely ridiculous. There is no reason Verizon should be allowed to take their sweet time like this. I don't understand it at all.
    I resolved the battery drain issue on my 928 with DP by ensuring I had a full backup and doing a hard reset. That brought it back to WP8 and I took the DP upgrade through the Preview for Developers app again and after that my battery life has been awesome.
    horseybob likes this.
    09-25-2014 11:33 AM
    I have 3 phones coming due for upgrade (928 windows + 2 iPhones) on my plan and if Verizon doesn't stop playing games I am going to another carrier. At this rate Microsoft will be releasing the Denim update and we still wont have Cyan. Its BS and the only way to let them know is with our $$$.
    09-25-2014 08:08 PM
    Sigh...another day of no Cyan...
    10-03-2014 08:16 PM
    I just called Verizon to voice my displeasure with the excessive length of time they are taking with the 8.1 update. I had called to get a price to buyout my contract since I have 8 months to go. It was $200 and does not fit into my "financial plan" at this time. What they did do for me is get me on to the $60 dollar plan since I have a history of only having one line, for no cost. I 'll give it 48 hours and then check my bill to see for sure. I'm sure the rep I talked to did what she can do I just don't trust Verizon corporate to have my best interests in mind.

She did say she would forward my complaints to the team responsible for the updates so I did what I could for the team. I really want to jump ship, get a L 1520.3 and sign up to Cricket.
    10-05-2014 06:23 PM
    Thanks, maybe if we all do the same, call and voice our concerns in numbers it will probably still not change a thing, Face it VERIZON doesn't care a dam about there customers or the service they provide. All they want is to have their fingers inside our wallets, The only difference between Verizon & Jesse James was he wore a mask while robbing you!
    10-05-2014 07:12 PM
    Tcman said it should be coming right about now.
    10-07-2014 05:10 PM
    I think their plan is to wait until people give up and upgrade their phone model. Seriously. What other reasonable explanation could there be?
    10-07-2014 05:29 PM
    I'm about done with Verizon. And I'm not on a Windows phone (on that network). But their policy of updating phones is beyond irritating. I feel that's why Google doesn't want to do business with them either...they remember the Nexus on VZ.

I've been testing AT&T again. However, until my job situation settles out I'm not changing phone companies. Once I land at the new job, I'll see if Tmobile or AT&T work inside the building. That's the ONLY reason I've stayed with VZ so long, they get voice inside most buildings (present dwelling not-withstanding).
    10-07-2014 09:15 PM
    I feel it. I feel the update should be coming within the next 24 hours.

Maybe I'm just feeling Fall, and the change in weather. I don't know.
    10-07-2014 10:51 PM
    Mid Nov. "before thanksgiving".
    10-08-2014 05:47 AM
    Verizon soo late:-(
    10-09-2014 06:41 PM
    I feel it. I feel the update should be coming within the next 24 hours.

Maybe I'm just feeling Fall, and the change in weather. I don't know.
    Guess I was indeed just feeling the weather change to Fall. Oh well, at least I can still appreciate the beautiful month of October.
    10-09-2014 09:14 PM
    With this rumored, but looking less and less like a rumor, retirement of the Lumia Icon only the 928 is left on Verizon. However, I'm still pretty worried that we may never get any more updates. I know most of us hate Verizon's attitude towards windows phone and it appears it only gets worse.
    10-11-2014 10:07 AM
    Using Tcman's assertion that updates will roll out when M8 exclusivity ends, and based on an article I just finished reading on the news side of this site, I guess we shouldn't expect anything till November 7th or later, right?
    10-11-2014 11:09 AM
    Yeah that seems reasonable. I just feel like it's a bleak time to be a Windows Phone user on Verizon. Hopefully we're all just misreading things.
    10-11-2014 01:46 PM
    i'm using 928 and updated to 8.1 DP. Everything is great except My battery is quite bad and when i turn on data (3G) My phone started heating up. you guys have some ideas to fix it.
    10-13-2014 03:42 AM
    1) backup
    2) hard reset
    3) spend time setting everything back up

it's worth the time
    10-13-2014 10:28 PM
    928 here with WP 8,1 DP since DP was available. I tweeted Nokia US and they RT that the 928 will get both Cyan and Denim together in Q4. I have seen other reports that have timing of late October / early November.
    KulGreenism likes this.
    10-14-2014 10:05 PM
    It looks more like Verizon will wait for the Denim update to rollout, instead of Cyan. Didn't a European carrier do the same? Since the 830 is now launching with Denim, it logical that they will wait for it. Verizon has never been speedy with updates. I'm starting to look for a good GSM phone now. I really like the 928. Its size, build type, and wireless charging are great. Only problem is that I am on Cricket now, and can't use LTE.(Isn't it still rumored that it will have the firmware update to enable LTE Band 4?) But constant access to WiFi really makes that not too important. Now, if we expect Denim in Q4 from MS, that means Q1 from VZW?
    10-15-2014 03:30 AM
    It looks more like Verizon will wait for the Denim update to rollout, instead of Cyan.
    From a support standpoint this makes sense. Rolling out two firmware updates (separately) and an OS update will tax support with the unavoidable issues. Condensing the anticipated support requirements to 1 event rather than 2 is logical, especially when WP is a small segment of the total VZW smartphone ecosystem.

Let's hope you're right. . . .

ETA: It would be nice (if true) for VZW to say so, though. . .
    10-15-2014 08:02 AM
    Just had a live chat with Verizon and have some good news (assuming that it is accurate). Here's the text:

My name is Lynn, how may I assist you?
    Me: Hi I have a nokia lumia 928 and am would like to know if you have any information regarding the 8.1/cyan update for the phone.
    Me: All other carriers have released the update for some, if not most of their windows phones, however verizon has not released the 8.1 update for any of the windows phones yet.
    Lynn: Oh that's an awesome phone! I did get some information on updates for 2 models, so let me check if that's one of them.
    Me: Okay.
    Lynn: Its coming to the Nokia 928 and 822, and should have started being pushed on Monday. It takes up to 5-7 days for all customers to get it.
    Me: Okay. Thank you for the information.
    Lynn: My pleasure!
    Me: Also, do you have any knowledge of the Icon receiving the update?
    Lynn: That hasn't been reported to us as of yet, but it is in testing now.
    Me: Okay, thank you very much.

So this should be good news for anyone on the 928 (which seems like a small portion of people). Just take this with a grain of salt and realize that this might not actually be the true release date.

Have a good day.
    10-15-2014 06:16 PM
151 12345 ...