12-13-2014 04:12 AM
151 ... 34567
tools
    I'm seriously.If you know,please response ! thanks.
    ​No one understands what you are talking about.
    huymax likes this.
    10-21-2014 08:10 AM
    I think he asks whether theres a difference between the original digitizer and the fake ebay one. In terms of sensitivity, scratch resistance etc.
    huymax likes this.
    10-21-2014 08:19 AM
    Why don't you start a new thread? Whatever you're asking about has nothing to do with the topic if this thread.
    maevinj and huymax like this.
    10-21-2014 08:19 AM

Do you mean differences between an OEM replacement display and a generic one?
    huymax likes this.
    10-21-2014 08:31 AM
    Gone. Went to AT&T and got 1520 with all the updates. Couldn't be more happy. My wife is still holding out with the Icon, but, barely.
    so now you have all the updates on the 1520 from att , and your wife icon still waiting. please would you compare the two see what difference there is in the updates. or is it just a name change
    10-21-2014 08:49 AM
    ​No one understands what you are talking about.
    Why don't you start a new thread? Whatever you're asking about has nothing to do with the topic if this thread.
    I am sorry.

I think he asks whether theres a difference between the original digitizer and the fake ebay one. In terms of sensitivity, scratch resistance etc.
    Do you mean differences between an OEM replacement display and a generic one?
    Yes,please ! I mean too.thank you guys !
    10-21-2014 10:02 AM
    Im sorry.

Yes,please ! thats I mean too.thanks !

I dont know the diferences... But in other models the White brands (in this case Nokia and verizon) looks bad and cheap painted, bit thats all i know
    huymax likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:04 AM
    I dont know the diferences... But in other models the White brands (in this case Nokia and verizon) looks bad and cheap painted, bit thats all i know
    Thank you ! I got a black.My logo Nokia and Verizon look like smaller and thinner.Its not normally.I think i got the fake screen.Thank you again.
    10-21-2014 10:22 AM
    At this rate, everyone else will have Denim before we get Cyan.
    Penny_1 likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:04 AM
    Likely true if the reports of a full roll out by the end of the year are accurate. But, hey, there is another thread to make...
    10-21-2014 09:52 PM
    I spoke to a Verizon rep today regarding Cyan for the 928. She called MS Mobile to clarify. Apparently Cyan and Denim were released yesterday. She said it could be up to 30 days for everyone to receive their updates
    10-21-2014 09:56 PM
    Hmmm that's off
    10-21-2014 09:58 PM
    I spoke to a Verizon rep today regarding Cyan for the 928. She called MS Mobile to clarify. Apparently Cyan and Denim were released yesterday. She said it could be up to 30 days for everyone to receive their updates
    Denim, not likely, may I remind you that you spoke to a "rep". 😐
    10-21-2014 10:01 PM
    At this rate, we'll all have Lollipop before Denim.
    dkediger and wayn1ak like this.
    10-22-2014 03:27 AM
    Denim, not likely, may I remind you that you spoke to a "rep". 
    Indeed, you can talk to a level 1 call center flunky and they are likely to tell you anything. Ask a leading question, get a BS answer.
    10-22-2014 08:50 AM
    So with Windows 10 coming out next year, and the "critical" update that was pushed out yesterday to test Microsoft's update system, could that mean that Windows 10 phones would be able to bypass carrier approval and get the updates in a timely manner (like Apple does)?

I am getting a bit fed up with Verizon and their support. Luckily the developer preview is holding me together. Fingers crossed Cyan AND Denim are pushed out by the end of this year.
    maevinj and pma like this.
    10-24-2014 11:22 AM
    So with Windows 10 coming out next year, and the "critical" update that was pushed out yesterday to test Microsoft's update system, could that mean that Windows 10 phones would be able to bypass carrier approval and get the updates in a timely manner (like Apple does)?

I am getting a bit fed up with Verizon and their support. Luckily the developer preview is holding me together. Fingers crossed Cyan AND Denim are pushed out by the end of this year.
    If we even get Windows 10 at all.
    I'm starting to think 928, along with many current phones, won't get Windows 10.
    Unfortunately, I'm smelling a WP 7 Switchgate scenario going on.
    When Windows 10 comes out, it might work on M8 or newest phones, but it's typical to claim they can't deploy and want you to buy new gear. They're already strapped for customers and losing ground in the U.S. They will need new customer influx. The platform is stagnant at this time. My apps are barely updating themselves, some premium apps aren't updating at all. Although tons of news comes out, we never see final product or always a Verizon issue, but AT&T people say they are frustrated with AT&T and it's AT&T's fault.

Right now the only way to get Cyan or Denim is to buy a new M8 or newer model.
    10-24-2014 01:36 PM
    Verizon "hates" WP. Their reps dont know anything about it (we have dozens of stories about them). Dont know how they got 928, Icon exclusive. Possibly M8 will have same fate. I don't think we'll get Denim, maybe even Cyan. Forget about Win10 for two Lumias at least.

I got my 928 before it was available in Verizon stores from MS for $560+. Chose it over 925 (tmobile) even though I'm on Tmobile. I was told that Xenon is much better than LED, if I new I won't be using it AT ALL and will lose LTE maybe I would have picked up 925 instead. But again Tmobile isn't any better. It's sad to have this kind of customer care. Or maybe I should say not have it at all.

My 928 works as brand new, but if WhatsApp sooner or later allows me to save chat history on PC, or transfer to another device I might possibly get another phone that's not tied to any carrier
    10-24-2014 05:44 PM
    Any news?
    10-27-2014 09:09 PM
    time to switch
    frankelweeze likes this.
    10-28-2014 05:38 AM
    time to switch
    Carrier or platform?
    I'm stuck for a little while longer with my phone, that's about all WP has.
    Can't switch from Verizon because it's the only carrier in my area that has coverage in the city and rural areas I need.

So frustrating. May have to switch platforms again when my contract comes up for renewal.
    10-28-2014 11:20 AM
    I switched platforms. I'm stuck on Verizon as well because of their coverage in my area. I love WP but Verizon doesn't and it's quite obvious.
    10-28-2014 12:32 PM
    I'm using L928 in Europe so I'm not tied to Verizon. I got this phone from a friend in the US. Previously I had L920 but I was dissapointed with LCD, and xenon flash is good extra bonus. Actually I'm thinking about changing the platform, likely to iPhone 6. I had an iPhone 4 few years ago, then i switched to WP7 and Lumia 800. I liked WP7, but since then many things have changed. Some good ideas have disappeared completely and new enhancements are coming very slowly or not at all thanks to You-Know-Who. What I was lacking or bothered me in iOS (4 or 5?) seems now to be fixed.
    10-28-2014 06:49 PM
    Unfortunately, switching platforms does no good. You're still giving money to Verizon, and you are hurting the WP platform. I, too, am stuck with Verizon because they offer the best coverage. I use every opportunity to tweet them about their ***-poor support of WP8.1. I won't switch from WP and can't leave Verizon, but I can voice my displeasure every chance I get.
    10-28-2014 06:57 PM
    Unfortunately, switching platforms does no good. You're still giving money to Verizon, and you are hurting the WP platform. I, too, am stuck with Verizon because they offer the best coverage. I use every opportunity to tweet them about their ***-poor support of WP8.1. I won't switch from WP and can't leave Verizon, but I can voice my displeasure every chance I get.
    I have to give money to Verizon regardless, I might as well have a phone that's updates aren't depending on when Verizon can decide to get around to testing it.
    10-29-2014 09:42 AM
151 ... 34567