[L928] Cyan update from Verizon?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Still no update for the 928. I traded in an iPhone 4s when I got my 928. If I still had that phone I would be upgrading it to iOS 8 today. Unbelievable!

It is recommended that iphone 4/4s users *not* upgrade to ios8 due to various issues.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
It is recommended that iphone 4/4s users *not* upgrade to ios8 due to various issues.

Thanks but that is not the point. I don't even have the 4s any longer since I traded it in to get the Lumia 928. The point is that even this 3 year old phone is able to get an update yet my 1 year old Lumia still does not have an update from Verizon.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
In another thread a well known and reliable Verizon employee said that Verizon agreed no other phones will get 8.1 until the HTC One (M8) for Windows is no longer exclusive to them. So the rest of us get screwed over because they think it'll help them sell more phones.

Can't think of anything more ridiculous.

epowers007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
and to think I gave up my unlimited data to get the 928, to be screwed over again by VZ. Seriously considering another carrier when contract ends....in a year...yuck

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but that is not the point. I don't even have the 4s any longer since I traded it in to get the Lumia 928. The point is that even this 3 year old phone is able to get an update yet my 1 year old Lumia still does not have an update from Verizon.

Actually that was the point. IPhone 4s owners are recommended not to upgrade. So no, a 3yr old phone will not be getting ios8. A 3yr old iphone has reached the end of its upgrade eligibility.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually that was the point. IPhone 4s owners are recommended not to upgrade. So no, a 3yr old phone will not be getting ios8. A 3yr old iphone has reached the end of its upgrade eligibility.

Recommended by who? Arstechnica says if you're going to keep the 4s, upgrading is ok for most people.. Slate wrote an article saying don't upgrade, but that was just based on their feelings, which seems lame. They actually used the Arstechnica article as their basis to not upgrade, even those Ars says upgrading is ok.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

Still have no idea what you are talking about. My daughter updated her 4s and has not had any issue with it. Yes my daughter has a more current version of her os then I do. That is the freaking point.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh good grief. Are you serious? What part don't you understand? Some people with a 4/4s may experience issues if they update to ios8. Obviously it wont affect every single person, but the issue is that 4/4s phones have a screen size that is not suited to ios8.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh good grief. Are you serious? What part don't you understand? Some people with a 4/4s may experience issues if they update to ios8. Obviously it wont affect every single person, but the issue is that 4/4s phones have a screen size that is not suited to ios8.

Again...who cares? If the update give them problems then so be it. The whole point is that Verizon still hasn't issued updates for the WINDOWS PHONES! This is a WP forum right?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
/ahem

Have we forgotten the original title of this thread? "When Lumia 928 Update Cyan"

Seems like the 928 has taken a very low priority in Verizon's eyes. As someone who has had the 928 since launch day, I ask "What's the big deal?" The phone has been one of the most reliable I've ever had. I even have 8.1DP. Yes, I would like Cyan because of some of the firmware upgrades, but honestly, the phone works well enough right now, even with the update that was released today, I really don't have anything to complain about.

(Of course your experience could vary, but I'm just commenting on mine.)

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
/ahem

Have we forgotten the original title of this thread? "When Lumia 928 Update Cyan"

Seems like the 928 has taken a very low priority in Verizon's eyes. As someone who has had the 928 since launch day, I ask "What's the big deal?" The phone has been one of the most reliable I've ever had. I even have 8.1DP. Yes, I would like Cyan because of some of the firmware upgrades, but honestly, the phone works well enough right now, even with the update that was released today, I really don't have anything to complain about.

(Of course your experience could vary, but I'm just commenting on mine.)

Same here, I have a 928 with 8.1 DP and have never had any problems with the phone, I have a company issued ICON that just sits in a desk because we're not allowed to mess with the software (ie load 8.1 DP) so I just use my 928. I much prefer my 928 with 8.1 DP, than my Icon with 8.0.

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
The biggest issue I've had with the DP on my 928 has been less-than great battery life so I would really appreciate Cyan presumably fixing that. This situation is just completely ridiculous. There is no reason Verizon should be allowed to take their sweet time like this. I don't understand it at all.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The biggest issue I've had with the DP on my 928 has been less-than great battery life so I would really appreciate Cyan presumably fixing that. This situation is just completely ridiculous. There is no reason Verizon should be allowed to take their sweet time like this. I don't understand it at all.

I resolved the battery drain issue on my 928 with DP by ensuring I had a full backup and doing a hard reset. That brought it back to WP8 and I took the DP upgrade through the Preview for Developers app again and after that my battery life has been awesome.

jdpg2

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 phones coming due for upgrade (928 windows + 2 iPhones) on my plan and if Verizon doesn't stop playing games I am going to another carrier. At this rate Microsoft will be releasing the Denim update and we still wont have Cyan. Its BS and the only way to let them know is with our $$$.

hydrosmith

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I just called Verizon to voice my displeasure with the excessive length of time they are taking with the 8.1 update. I had called to get a price to buyout my contract since I have 8 months to go. It was $200 and does not fit into my "financial plan" at this time. What they did do for me is get me on to the $60 dollar plan since I have a history of only having one line, for no cost. I 'll give it 48 hours and then check my bill to see for sure. I'm sure the rep I talked to did what she can do I just don't trust Verizon corporate to have my best interests in mind.

She did say she would forward my complaints to the team responsible for the updates so I did what I could for the team. I really want to jump ship, get a L 1520.3 and sign up to Cricket.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, maybe if we all do the same, call and voice our concerns in numbers it will probably still not change a thing, Face it VERIZON doesn't care a dam about there customers or the service they provide. All they want is to have their fingers inside our wallets, The only difference between Verizon & Jesse James was he wore a mask while robbing you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo