[L928] Cyan update from Verizon?

stroodl

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I think he asks whether theres a difference between the original digitizer and the fake ebay one. In terms of sensitivity, scratch resistance etc.

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Gone. Went to AT&T and got 1520 with all the updates. Couldn't be more happy. My wife is still holding out with the Icon, but, barely.

so now you have all the updates on the 1520 from att , and your wife icon still waiting. please would you compare the two see what difference there is in the updates. or is it just a name change

huymax

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
​No one understands what you are talking about.
Why don't you start a new thread? Whatever you're asking about has nothing to do with the topic if this thread.
I am sorry.

I think he asks whether theres a difference between the original digitizer and the fake ebay one. In terms of sensitivity, scratch resistance etc.
Do you mean differences between an OEM replacement display and a generic one?
Yes,please ! I mean too.thank you guys !

huymax

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I dont know the diferences... But in other models the White brands (in this case Nokia and verizon) looks bad and cheap painted, bit thats all i know
Thank you ! I got a black.My logo Nokia and Verizon look like smaller and thinner.Its not normally.I think i got the fake screen.Thank you again.

sph0308

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon rep today regarding Cyan for the 928. She called MS Mobile to clarify. Apparently Cyan and Denim were released yesterday. She said it could be up to 30 days for everyone to receive their updates

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to a Verizon rep today regarding Cyan for the 928. She called MS Mobile to clarify. Apparently Cyan and Denim were released yesterday. She said it could be up to 30 days for everyone to receive their updates
Denim, not likely, may I remind you that you spoke to a "rep". 😐

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So with Windows 10 coming out next year, and the "critical" update that was pushed out yesterday to test Microsoft's update system, could that mean that Windows 10 phones would be able to bypass carrier approval and get the updates in a timely manner (like Apple does)?

I am getting a bit fed up with Verizon and their support. Luckily the developer preview is holding me together. Fingers crossed Cyan AND Denim are pushed out by the end of this year.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So with Windows 10 coming out next year, and the "critical" update that was pushed out yesterday to test Microsoft's update system, could that mean that Windows 10 phones would be able to bypass carrier approval and get the updates in a timely manner (like Apple does)?

I am getting a bit fed up with Verizon and their support. Luckily the developer preview is holding me together. Fingers crossed Cyan AND Denim are pushed out by the end of this year.
If we even get Windows 10 at all.
I'm starting to think 928, along with many current phones, won't get Windows 10.
Unfortunately, I'm smelling a WP 7 Switchgate scenario going on.
When Windows 10 comes out, it might work on M8 or newest phones, but it's typical to claim they can't deploy and want you to buy new gear. They're already strapped for customers and losing ground in the U.S. They will need new customer influx. The platform is stagnant at this time. My apps are barely updating themselves, some premium apps aren't updating at all. Although tons of news comes out, we never see final product or always a Verizon issue, but AT&T people say they are frustrated with AT&T and it's AT&T's fault.

Right now the only way to get Cyan or Denim is to buy a new M8 or newer model.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Verizon "hates" WP. Their reps dont know anything about it (we have dozens of stories about them). Dont know how they got 928, Icon exclusive. Possibly M8 will have same fate. I don't think we'll get Denim, maybe even Cyan. Forget about Win10 for two Lumias at least.

I got my 928 before it was available in Verizon stores from MS for $560+. Chose it over 925 (tmobile) even though I'm on Tmobile. I was told that Xenon is much better than LED, if I new I won't be using it AT ALL and will lose LTE maybe I would have picked up 925 instead. But again Tmobile isn't any better. It's sad to have this kind of customer care. Or maybe I should say not have it at all.

My 928 works as brand new, but if WhatsApp sooner or later allows me to save chat history on PC, or transfer to another device I might possibly get another phone that's not tied to any carrier

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss