[L928] Cyan update from Verizon?

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
time to switch
Carrier or platform?
I'm stuck for a little while longer with my phone, that's about all WP has.
Can't switch from Verizon because it's the only carrier in my area that has coverage in the city and rural areas I need.

So frustrating. May have to switch platforms again when my contract comes up for renewal.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I switched platforms. I'm stuck on Verizon as well because of their coverage in my area. I love WP but Verizon doesn't and it's quite obvious.

Papek_SVK

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using L928 in Europe so I'm not tied to Verizon. I got this phone from a friend in the US. Previously I had L920 but I was dissapointed with LCD, and xenon flash is good extra bonus. Actually I'm thinking about changing the platform, likely to iPhone 6. I had an iPhone 4 few years ago, then i switched to WP7 and Lumia 800. I liked WP7, but since then many things have changed. Some good ideas have disappeared completely and new enhancements are coming very slowly or not at all thanks to You-Know-Who. What I was lacking or bothered me in iOS (4 or 5?) seems now to be fixed.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, switching platforms does no good. You're still giving money to Verizon, and you are hurting the WP platform. I, too, am stuck with Verizon because they offer the best coverage. I use every opportunity to tweet them about their ***-poor support of WP8.1. I won't switch from WP and can't leave Verizon, but I can voice my displeasure every chance I get.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, switching platforms does no good. You're still giving money to Verizon, and you are hurting the WP platform. I, too, am stuck with Verizon because they offer the best coverage. I use every opportunity to tweet them about their ***-poor support of WP8.1. I won't switch from WP and can't leave Verizon, but I can voice my displeasure every chance I get.

I have to give money to Verizon regardless, I might as well have a phone that's updates aren't depending on when Verizon can decide to get around to testing it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I have to give money to Verizon regardless, I might as well have a phone that updates aren't depending on when Verizon can decide to get around to testing it.

Yeah, I can see the logic in that.

DP gives me the majority of the Cyan functionality. The only thing I'm aware of that I'm missing is BT LE. I need that for my heart rate monitor and possibly some other accessories. All the other features I get makes up for missing the BT.

Gunbust3r

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
He just went into a little more detail to say that bug fixes are the issue and that Verizon is taking the quality seriously. Again, He did not specify a device.

I'm sure the bug fix is making sure the sabotaged MMS and other features stay broken if you dare try taking a Verizon Lumia to another carrier.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Who remembers the issues with 928 right after it got Amber -freezing,rebooting etc. Verizon was one of first to release it. Maybe back then they didn't test good enough. So possibly they don't want (us) to have similar problems once again, and taking things more seriously. Black also was late but I don't remember having problems with that

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Who remembers the issues with 928 right after it got Amber -freezing,rebooting etc. Verizon was one of first to release it. Maybe back then they didn't test good enough. So possibly they don't want (us) to have similar problems once again, and taking things more seriously. Black also was late but I don't remember having problems with that

That freezing issue sucked bad.. Had 5 of those devices in our office and all 5 had that issue. Their first update fixed it.

They maybe are also trying to get their Advanced Calling (VoLTE) going as well? That was supposed to launch with the 2nd Gen Moto X but they could not get it working in time either.

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Stop whining, good chance you guys are going to get Denim first, trust me ;)

EDIT: Joking about the whining part, serious about the Denim one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans