[L928] Cyan update from Verizon?

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Who remembers the issues with 928 right after it got Amber -freezing,rebooting etc. Verizon was one of first to release it. Maybe back then they didn't test good enough. So possibly they don't want (us) to have similar problems once again, and taking things more seriously. Black also was late but I don't remember having problems with that

This is actually why I haven't complained as much as I would. I had a bricked 822 and a bricked 928 because of clearly not doing enough testing before with that update. It was bad. It definitely shouldn't have taken as long as it has to get the new updates out, but I do think it's one of the reasons they are running more tests, they were replacing a lot of devices then. Quite a few people were reporting those permanent spinning wheels, it was not a fun time.

KTBFH

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
The developers preview is great and I am liking it on my Icon, but it still won't give you all the features a cyan upgrade would have (e.g. Bluetooth 4.0 which is needed to sync between the Fitbit and phone for example). It just bothers me that Verizon takes so long to make this update officially available. I wonder if you could somehow get them for breaching the contract. After all Microsoft is trying so hard to catch up in terms of apps etc. but we cannot enjoy them to its fullest extend because of the lack of the cyan update.

Marcus Hock

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Very nearly ready to give up. Its December for crying out loud. And the fact that I'm hearing more about denim than cyan isn't comforting in the slightest.

Beast of Haeven

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Very nearly ready to give up. Its December for crying out loud. And the fact that I'm hearing more about denim than cyan isn't comforting in the slightest.

I hear you I decided to go ahead and do the developer preview. I was worried at first because many tutorials mentioned updating the phone twice to get 8.1 under the preview program. My experience involved 4-5 updates before 8.1 was finally installed on the phone. Two of those updates almost rendered the phone unresponsive to touch. After all the updates were done I can honestly say it runs smooth and gives me no problems. If you plan on getting a new phone anyways like I do I would just do the developer preview for now.

bdball

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Finally got fed up last night and installed the developers edition. Wow! I really like the new version. Not sure what we are not getting with the "official" version but I am enjoying the changes with the DE version. Wish my Surface 2's interface was more like the Windows phone 8.1 interface. Love the folders and Cortana seems much more useful then I thought it would be. I also enjoy being able to tweak the look of the homepage more.

nwildcat

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I hear you I decided to go ahead and do the developer preview. I was worried at first because many tutorials mentioned updating the phone twice to get 8.1 under the preview program. My experience involved 4-5 updates before 8.1 was finally installed on the phone. Two of those updates almost rendered the phone unresponsive to touch. After all the updates were done I can honestly say it runs smooth and gives me no problems. If you plan on getting a new phone anyways like I do I would just do the developer preview for now.

This is my main concern and why I haven't done the developer preview yet because I'm screwed if things don't go well. In another week, I'm out of contract, so I'm installing it after that point because at least I'll have options if things don't go smoothly. I'm getting annoyed with 8.0, it still runs great, but I'm now unable to get a lot of apps because they are 8.1 only, so it's time. Though I was honestly, holding out hope that Verizon would have it done by now. It is very disappointing hearing that some will have Denim this month and we have nothing. I'd feel better knowing we'd get Cyan and Denim in one with definite date in January to make up for this ridiculous wait.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
This is my main concern and why I haven't done the developer preview yet because I'm screwed if things don't go well. In another week, I'm out of contract, so I'm installing it after that point because at least I'll have options if things don't go smoothly. I'm getting annoyed with 8.0, it still runs great, but I'm now unable to get a lot of apps because they are 8.1 only, so it's time. Though I was honestly, holding out hope that Verizon would have it done by now. It is very disappointing hearing that some will have Denim this month and we have nothing. I'd feel better knowing we'd get Cyan and Denim in one with definite date in January to make up for this ridiculous wait.

I wouldn't worry about what's going on with others at this point. That is just surefire way to disappoint yourself if you're expecting Verizon to match any semblance of commitment to WP coming from other carriers. I'm entirely happy that I did the Developer's Preview. I hesitated initially, for a moment, back in April when the DP program was announcing the 8.1 update. I thought well, how long would I have to wait for the official update, really? Probably only a month or so. But happily I made the decision to join, and now I've been enjoying 8.1 for what, 7 or 8 months? We're still lagging behind here on Verizon, but I'm more confident in the DP program than I am in Verizon.

BTW all, I'm receiving an update for my Lumia 928 Developer's Preview as we speak. I think it says it is WP 8.10.14219.341. Not sure what this update entails, if anything.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Ah, ok, I guess this update was just announced by Windows Central as well anyway. It is an update for the Preview for Developers, not Cyan or anything. Nothing noticeably different to me anyway right now.

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Am using a 928 in the UK on DP, You are not missing much in terms of the normal Cyan update, I am running a 920 on cyan and the only main difference is the network traffic arrows which appear by the signal and wifi icons, However if they "VZW" are testing other stuff then obviously those will be missing too lol, Am hoping the sort out the baked in MMS settings :eek:rly:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire