My Wi-Fi seems to have stopped working

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For some reason Wi-Fi on my Nokia Lumia 928 has just stopped. It's still turned on and active, but it doesn't connect at all to my home's Wi-Fi router. Does anyone know what might be causing it to behave like this? Of course I could use Verizon's network, and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to no end that I do that, but I don't want to. I am trying to connect to my router's 5 GHz band, but my wife's 928 connects to the same band, with no problems at all.

So, what could be causing my 928 to have these problems and what can I do about it?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
For some reason Wi-Fi on my Nokia Lumia 928 has just stopped. It's still turned on and active, but it doesn't connect at all to my home's Wi-Fi router. Does anyone know what might be causing it to behave like this? Of course I could use Verizon's network, and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to no end that I do that, but I don't want to. I am trying to connect to my router's 5 GHz band, but my wife's 928 connects to the same band, with no problems at all.

So, what could be causing my 928 to have these problems and what can I do about it?

try restarting the router(plug and unplug) sometimes it fixes such issues

mjperry51

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Does your phone see the WiFi network -- any WiFi network?

If it does, have you activated any additional security in the router, such as MAC Address Filtering?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does your phone see the WiFi network -- any WiFi network?

If it does, have you activated any additional security in the router, such as MAC Address Filtering?

Yes, my phone does see other Wi-Fi networks.

No, I've not implemented something like MAC address filtering.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Completely remove the network from your phones memory (ignore it). Delete it. Then search and re-connect so you have to type your password in again. That should fix it. Are you on 8.0 or dp 8.1?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've gone to using the slower 2.4 GHz band. That's working, but I'll try your idea. I'd rather work at the faster speed, if it will let me. And it seems to at least for my wife's Lumia 928.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo