For some reason Wi-Fi on my Nokia Lumia 928 has just stopped. It's still turned on and active, but it doesn't connect at all to my home's Wi-Fi router. Does anyone know what might be causing it to behave like this? Of course I could use Verizon's network, and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to no end that I do that, but I don't want to. I am trying to connect to my router's 5 GHz band, but my wife's 928 connects to the same band, with no problems at all.

So, what could be causing my 928 to have these problems and what can I do about it?
    09-08-2014 11:22 PM
    For some reason Wi-Fi on my Nokia Lumia 928 has just stopped. It's still turned on and active, but it doesn't connect at all to my home's Wi-Fi router. Does anyone know what might be causing it to behave like this? Of course I could use Verizon's network, and I'm sure they'd be thrilled to no end that I do that, but I don't want to. I am trying to connect to my router's 5 GHz band, but my wife's 928 connects to the same band, with no problems at all.

So, what could be causing my 928 to have these problems and what can I do about it?
    try restarting the router(plug and unplug) sometimes it fixes such issues
    09-09-2014 04:41 AM
    I restart my router weekly, on Sundays. This problem has been evident for a few weeks now.
    09-09-2014 12:35 PM

Does your phone see the WiFi network -- any WiFi network?

If it does, have you activated any additional security in the router, such as MAC Address Filtering?
    09-10-2014 07:27 AM
    Does your phone see the WiFi network -- any WiFi network?

If it does, have you activated any additional security in the router, such as MAC Address Filtering?
    Yes, my phone does see other Wi-Fi networks.

No, I've not implemented something like MAC address filtering.
    09-10-2014 05:20 PM
    Completely remove the network from your phones memory (ignore it). Delete it. Then search and re-connect so you have to type your password in again. That should fix it. Are you on 8.0 or dp 8.1?
    09-11-2014 07:26 PM
    I've gone to using the slower 2.4 GHz band. That's working, but I'll try your idea. I'd rather work at the faster speed, if it will let me. And it seems to at least for my wife's Lumia 928.
    09-12-2014 07:51 PM