Is there any way to set an ICE number that can be read through the phone lock on the Lumia 928? On my dumb phone prior to the smart phone, it was possible to set an In Case of Emergency number that could be accessed even with the phone locked. While the lock screen allows emergency calls, like 911, it doesn't seem to allow user programmed numbers.
    09-09-2014 12:20 AM
    I use an app called Lock Screen Text .
    09-09-2014 01:10 AM
    I would rigorously suggest not using the ICE system on a smartphone. While the intent is a good one, in order to be effective, you need to make the phone easily accessible to the emergency services. Doing this also makes it readily accessible to anyone who might steal or otherwise look at your phone without your permission.

If you do want to keep ICE information, write out the numbers/info on a piece of card (or organ donor card if you have one) and put it in your wallet/purse. The emergency services will look through your wallet for your identity anyway. May as well make life easier for them by putting all the information in one place.

Also, phones are liable to run out of charge, paper doesn't.

Contrary to several chain e-mail warnings, ICE is not something that Paramedics will rush to look for the instant they arrive at an emergency, and is certainly not required in order for LAFD Paramedics to provide quick, focused and compassionate emergency care.

We tell people: Add ICE to your cell phone only after you've affixed similar information to (or near) the official photo identification you routinely carry in your wallet.

Why?

With so many types and brands of wireless phones, it can take precious minutes to learn how to access a phone's directory. Many wireless devices are also found to be locked, damaged or have discharged batteries following an incident, rendering ICE unusable.

Please do encourage your interested friends and colleagues to make an ICE entry in their cell phone, especially if it will give them peace of mind — but not at the expense of written emergency contact and medical information.
    Last edited by o Aperture o; 09-09-2014 at 01:51 AM.
    09-09-2014 01:32 AM
    I'm not sure what you guys have in mind, but I'm certainly not suggesting that you leave the phone unlocked. And i believe the OP is specifically looking for some solution that allows him to *keep the phone locked*.
    Maybe you couldn't quite read our posts from up on that high horse?
    09-09-2014 06:31 AM
    Wallets are fine. But invariably often I'm out and about with just my phone and loose cash in my pocket. Though a (UK) police officer told me they actually look for Mum/Dad or Home when looking for a phone number anyway.
    And I don't lock my phone...
    09-09-2014 06:37 AM
    I have my name and email address as the lock screen text, but it could be ICE info instead.
    You could also put a sticker on the back?
    09-09-2014 06:39 AM
    Best I can suggest is making a room/group called ICE. It will show up in the Peoples Hub.
    09-09-2014 07:28 AM